Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's a good brake fluid? i use Valvoline Syntech DOT4 in my car, but was thinking about running some Redline or Motul in the bike, something like that. what do most of you guys use?

also, probably getting close to needing some brake pads, any recommendations? bike hasn't seen any tracktime, and probably wont on these pads. MAYBE some aggresive street riding, but doubtful seeing as how there are zero decent roads here.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
For the street it doesn't really matter which fluid you use. For pads I like the Galfer HH. Good bite, progressive and plenty of stopping power at a decent price.

For the track I would go with Motul 600 and Vesrah RJL pads

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just did a track day on some Vesrah RJL's. Great initial bite, very progressive and no noticeable fade. Gread pads for the money.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use Castrol. Pads - depends on how much bite you like, and how long you like to wait until they warm up.

I talk often to my mechanic, he's a good friend of mine. Was telling me he put a set up pads in once for some hairdresser - he's ridden out, put the brakes on, all good.
Riding in the next few minutes he's put the brakes on again, and wham! up and over the bars he goes.

In all, the pads will woork much better when warmed up, and if they're really soft they will take a bit to heat, and then work. LOOK into it before deciding.
I haven't changed mine as yet, but when I do I will let you know.
They have different ratings, softness, bite, and feel. A bit like some women - I used to Know!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts