Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 600RR

When I'm stopped, the lever pulls normal. Once I make a full rotation of my front wheel, I have to pull the lever 3 times to build pressure. I've bled the lines, and replaced the MC. The only other thing I can think of is the rotors...which I hope it is not. I cannot find any used, and new ones are $300+

Has anyone else had this issue? And I've also heard 03 and up rotors are all interchangable, is this true? They have different part numbers in most catalogs I've seen.

D

·
0 Posts
Rotors are warped if you are having to pump the lever to gain pressure while the bike is in motion.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you are having to pump I would check your rotors on the 2 pump and see if they are dragging or check your lines for a leak or air

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Rotors are warped if you are having to pump the lever to gain pressure while the bike is in motion.

:+1:
He's correct. The warped rotor is pushing your Pads/Pistons Back inside the caliper.

Then you squeeze and it just pushs the pads back into position.

That means, your rotors are really jacked up. :banghead:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The aluminum mounting bracket was bent 1/8", and with a micrometer and a mallet, I got it straightened within .001". Bike runs great now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts