Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So had a strange braking issue the other day, The front brake seized on solid..
Couldnt move the lever it was solid couldnt move the bike and it happened whilst riding,

I release the bleed nipple on the rh caliper and instantly my brakes where perfect again,

Calipers have had new seals in the last month new HEL Stainless Lines plus a new (2nd hand) 07+ Master Also Brand new discs.

Now my understanding is if it was the caliper releasing the bleed nipple wouldnt have done anything as it would be the caliper stuck,

I have had this before on cars when the line gets kinked and stops the brake fluid travelling back up.

Brand new lines no signs of kinking or anywhere it would stop the fluid,
so im a bit stumped but also worried it will happen again,

Wondering if anyone had any ideas what may have caused this,

havent had it happen since releasing the bleed nipple and repumping the master cylinder.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had the same symptoms a few years ago. I found a hairline crack in the caliper adjacent to the bleed nipple. the crack was enough to allow air in but not fluid out. The incoming air was enough to cause the brake to come on.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Make sure your fluid isn't too full. If it's too full, your brakes can sieze. Never go above the full line on the reservoir. And be careful when you put the top on, as the balloon can alter the amount of fluid

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the issue The lever was not in correctly since doing the 07 master upgrade i never slotted the master cylinder pin into the recess of the lever , Dumbo o well now its done and should be fine, !!!

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Found the issue The lever was not in correctly since doing the 07 master upgrade i never slotted the master cylinder pin into the recess of the lever , Dumbo o well now its done and should be fine, !!!

I've heard of this happening after owners have fitted aftermarket levers. Many are quick to blame it on the 'inferior quality' eBay Chinese levers and warn people off them based on anecdotal scare stories. Often the cause turns out to be incorrect fitment as you've described.
Glad you've got it sorted out now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts