Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 600rr with an iwin integrated taillight and hotbodies front turn signal. Not running resistors or an led flasher relay.

Here's the problem: When I pull my brake lever, the right turn signal indicator on my dash lights up. The turn signal itself does not turn on, just the light on the dash. Right turn signal works as it should as does the left.

Things I have tried: I checked my fuses (all good), unplug the front turn signals (same problem), go back to stock rear fender set up (same problem).

After I installed the whole lighting setup it worked perfectly. I hit a table-top speed bump/cross walk at quite a bit of speed and thats when it started happening.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The taillight was plug and play, the front turn signals I did the wiring myself into stock connectors.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Just so we are covering everything. ON the hotbody signals there are 2 wires. On the bike there are 3 wires. Are the hotbody signals just on when you signal or are they running/signals?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are only on when I signal. I only hooked up the strobe and negative wires on the hotbodies.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you switch the signal wire to the other side on the taillight does the problem switch to the other side?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does not. Its always just the right side.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would put that on the taillight being the problem. Something in the wiring is causing the signal to trigger.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so I disconnected my iwin taillight, the problem stopped. I hooked up my stock light setup and it worked as it should. So it is the taillight itself. Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You need resistors, my bike does the same thing, all led all around is too little resistance and it won't even flash quickly, it just won't flash

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
^ no he doesn't, his tail light is stuffed. Power is being shorted from the brake light to the turn signal.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it fixed. Took it apart and replaced the capacitor and re-did the crappy soldering job it came with. Works as it should now. Thanks for ya'lls help. (flasher relay is next on my list to fix the fast blinking)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts