Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently low sided on my 2015 CBR600RR. Long story short, I had to replace my throttle cables. Which meant taking off the throttle bodies. Everything on the bike functioned as intended after the repair. I started the bike and everything worked. But the second time I tried to start it, I could tell the battery was low. So I used my car battery charger on the 12V setting @50 amps for 20 min to charge it. After it was done, the bike started no problem, but the break light was constantly on, the right turn signal work but not the left, and my right headlight (non-bright) did not come on either, but the high bream did come on.

I tried unplugging and plugging back in wires, I checked fuses, and all were still good.

I am at a standstill and not sure how to continue troubleshooting.

Any ideas? Thanks!

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Wires are obviously shorted across improperly.
Trace wiring from each light-bulb back up to each switch making sure they're not connected to anything else.

Look for stripped insulation exposing bare wires within.
Look for connections to any other wire of not same colour.

For example, left winkers is orange wire. It should run from winker light all way to turn-signal switch uninterrupted and not connected to anything else. Repeat inspection for all other lighting wires that's acting up.

Also don't fry your battery like that. Max 1-amp and leave over night. If you want to start quickly, jumpstart from working car-battery or push-start it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wires are obviously shorted across improperly.
Trace wiring from each light-bulb back up to each switch making sure they're not connected to anything else.

Look for stripped insulation exposing bare wires within.
Look for connections to any other wire of not same colour.

For example, left winkers is orange wire. It should run from winker light all way to turn-signal switch uninterrupted and not connected to anything else. Repeat inspection for all other lighting wires that's acting up.

Also don't fry your battery like that. Max 1-amp and leave over night. If you want to start quickly, jumpstart from working car-battery or push-start it.
Got it. Ill check it out tomorrow. What would be an explanation for everything working before charging the battery? Also thank you for the tip, I didn't know what amp to charge it at!

· Registered
1,076 Posts
That's really bizarre that blown headlights would cause all this cross-talk...

Need to look at wiring-diagram, newer bikes might have multiplexed lighting (similar to Canbus) to reduce amount of wiring and save weight. Shared wiring could cause un-related lights to act up.... hmm, need to study this...

Reactions: NewRedRider

· Super Moderator
11,963 Posts
That's really bizarre that blown headlights would cause all this cross-talk...

Need to look at wiring-diagram, newer bikes might have multiplexed lighting (similar to Canbus) to reduce amount of wiring and save weight. Shared wiring could cause un-related lights to act up.... hmm, need to study this...
Or the previous owner hacked up the wiring harness again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts