Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my bike in to get the recall done and the dealer told me that my brake light is staying on all the time. it is out of warranty so they didn't fix it. they told me to just jiggle the wires and put some grease on them. haven't been able to get it fixed yet. i didn't put carbon fiber look clutch and brake handles on though. anyone else have this problem or know what coudl cause it so i can fix it???? all input would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Check the adjustable plastic tensioner by your rear brake lever. You can twist it to increase or decrease the amount of pressure that is on the rear brake when it is at rest. If the tension is set too high, your brake light will be constantly on, even if the brake is not engaged.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wizard600RR said:
Check the adjustable plastic tensioner by your rear brake lever. You can twist it to increase or decrease the amount of pressure that is on the rear brake when it is at rest. If the tension is set too high, your brake light will be constantly on, even if the brake is not engaged.
Thats it. I had the same problem

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Whoppyjon91 said:
ur meaning the little dial that goes from like 1 to 6 i think it is
Nope, entirely different.

The piece I'm talking about is actually down by the rear brake lever (near where your right foot rests). Go take a look for it. It's mostly black plastic, with a knurled piece for you to turn to adjust the tension.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also check that the adjustor and cable isn't stuck under the panel that goes over that area.

When I installed my Jardine can I snagged mine when reassembling the right rearset.

It an easy mistake to make when reassmbling.

Cheers
WrxAnt

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
could the idiots at the dealer have done thsi when they did the rear brake recall and not even know they did it?? or is this part of the recall part lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, u knwo how there are two wires that plus in up by the hand brake well when i unplug the right one the brake light turns off as in like when your pressing on teh brake, and when i press down on teh rear brake it lights up and when i squeeze the hand brake ther eis nothign so it has something to do with the hand brake :cry:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Same thing happened to me for recall. I think its their fault...or they purposely caused it. I had to buy the switch, $19, and it still stayed on. A$$holes.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
ok, i believe it may be a simple adjustment, and that's all that is needed.
when they did your recall, they simply set the rear brake too tight, and instead of actuating the brake light switch, it is staying on constant. Just back it off a bit. you should be able to adjust it to your liking.

the adjustment is made here

Edited for bad spelling and/or grammar, and pic quality :oops:

·
Registered
221 Posts
look at the right foot pedal. if memory serves me correct, there are two springs, one hooked to the electrical. there is a little circular thing that you adjust the tension with.
Loosen the tension on the spring hooked up to the electrical, and adjust it with the ignition on, so the brake light turns on when the pedal is actually depressed.

this doesn't have anything to do with the recall, its about putting the pedal back on, sounds like the shop is jerking you around.,
But then again, I wouldn't pay somebody 50 bucks an hour two give half a twist to a bolt either.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
MWiley600RR said:
look at the right foot pedal. if memory serves me correct, there are two springs, one hooked to the electrical. there is a little circular thing that you adjust the tension with.
Loosen the tension on the spring hooked up to the electrical, and adjust it with the ignition on, so the brake light turns on when the pedal is actually depressed.

this doesn't have anything to do with the recall, its about putting the pedal back on, sounds like the shop is jerking you around.,
But then again, I wouldn't pay somebody 50 bucks an hour two give half a twist to a bolt either.
My bet is also with this assessment.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
in my case during thr recall process the spring was not hooked up
at all and the dealer tech said you got no rear brake lights i told
him i can fix that you missed the spring so yeah i agree with the
statement the dealer has something to do with the problem
either no knowledge or trying to scam you but do not worry
between all of us here will get you sqaured away ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
had this problem too, and it did happen after the recall, but I looked at the rear brake assembly and the spring "hook" was hanging in on the metal piece, so It was only a matter of hooking up the spring in the little hole where it belongs ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts