Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a pair of ss front brake lines on my last bike - but that was 10 years ago. I'm looking to swap the lines on my new 08RR, and I see there's more choices nowadays: ss, kevlar, and carbon. Does anyone have personal experience with the differences between these types? Any other knowledge you care to share? Thanks all,

· Registered
547 Posts
i just put some galfers SS lines... fit and work awesome..!

· Registered
462 Posts
x2 on the galfers

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Which ones, HEL
Why, because I said so. J/K They are very nice lines and great customer service. Lifetime guarantee too. I got mine in orange with black fittings. I think they would look great on your 08.

· Registered
357 Posts
galfer,goodrich,spiegler,hel you can't go wrong
That's not exactly correct; I have ordered a set of Spielger from Motomummy, and despite them claiming that "ALL FRONT LINES ARE DOUBLE BANJO ON THE MC AND ONE LINE TO EACH CALIPER. NO CROSSOVER THE FENDER SYSTEMS! " when I received them that wasn't the case. They did come with a crossover, with instructions and photos, so that there is no error I can see on our part (my mechanic fitted them and he raised this very point with me).

I have emailed motomummy for clarification, will keep you posted. Anyone here know more?

· Registered
357 Posts
The reply from Motomummy:

Yes the 07-08 CBR 600RR is a crossover set up only and that's the only way that
Spiegler will make that model for safety reasons. The line will get
squeezed between the fork and the ram air if you do it to the left
caliper from the master cyl. Also there isn't room on the brake master
cyl without cutting off the brake light switch. I just called Spiegler
and got this information from them. We are also going to update our
website. We are sorry about the confusion and if you want to return
them you can, just let us know. A 2 line off the master cyl doesn't
work safely for that bike though according to Spiegler. They do make a
2 line off the master cyl for some racers but bodywork modification is
needed and you have to alter the master cyl. Most racers even use the
set up you have Spiegler stated. Sorry about that confusion as we were
not aware it was a crossover set up, but the reasons above explain why
on that model. Things are too tight in the front of the bike to do it
safely.

On the positive side, I must say that the brakes feel awesome now. Also the reply from motomummy was very fast and thorough, it looks like a genuine error from their part. I'll stick with them and see how they go.

I am intersted though, if Spiegler state that you cannot use double lines on the MC then how do the others do it?

· Registered
547 Posts
Here is how I did it with the galfers... and so far no rubbing or touching nothin..
work great and looks better then both of them pointing the same way IMHO...

· King of UPS
2,946 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
I'd say save your money and get some good pads instead.

I have the galfers and I can't even tell the difference in feel.

I've ran stock lines and galfers back to back at the track and there's absolutely no difference.

Both got soft as it heated up from laps of abuse.

· *BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
31,107 Posts
I'd say save your money and get some good pads instead.

I have the galfers and I can't even tell the difference in feel.

I've ran stock lines and galfers back to back at the track and there's absolutely no difference.

Both got soft as it heated up from laps of abuse.
But how old are your lines? I'm guessing since your still relatively new and your posting here that you have an 07 or 08. With that little wear time on the OEM lines your never gonna feel a difference. But as the rubber gets older the stock feel will slowly go away. Brake lines are just a relatively cheap mod that last for life, you won't need them right away but you never need another set again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.