Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first try to use the front brakes, I have to pump it to get pressure. I've bled the brakes and it still does it, but it stays pressurized for slightly longer. Anyone know what could be wrong?

How can I tell which caliper to rebuild or if it's the master cylinder? Where do I get the rebuild kits? I've looked around and cant find them anywhere.. help!

2003 CBR 600RR

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Have you experienced it before? Or did it just start happening? How did you bleed the brakes? How was the condition of the fluid -- clear, or opaque?

There's really no such thing as a pre-packaged "caliper rebuild kit". If you want to rebuild them, just disassemble them, clean them real good, and put everything back together. It's not mandatory to buy new seals as long as they are in good condition. (But if you want to replace them anyway, go to your local dealer or check RonAyers.com. There are 2 different seals per piston).

·
Registered
248 Posts
i was going to say lines but doesn't seem like your loosing fluid... when you installed it did you keep adding pressure (while filling) before you pop the top back on?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nightdevil said:
i was going to say lines but doesn't seem like your loosing fluid... when you installed it did you keep adding pressure (while filling) before you pop the top back on?
Yeah, I'm not losing any fluid. The fluid that I replaced was a little dirty though. I just got the bike, it was sitting for about 6 months so I don't know if it was doing it before. It has a brembo m/c with ss lines. I bled it from the caliper using a bleeding pump, I got all the air out before I closed everything up. Any ideas?

1millionRR, did you mean the brake pads or the rotors? The brake pads were replaced not too long ago.. and the bike only has a little over 2k miles on it.. it was dropped though, so maybe it bent something somewhere?? the brake lever is snapped off at the end and twisted a little.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rotors are straight. I've noticed that it holds pressure for a while as long as you dont move the bike. So as soon as I start riding, it completely loses pressure then i have to pump it and then it loses pressure again. I'm just going to rebuild both calipers with new seals, anyone know where I can find the seal for a brembo master cylinder??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the best way of checking if it's straight? I rolled them and looked for a good 15 minutes and they look straight to me.. ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, that sucks. That explains the rubbing sound I hear when I try pushing it.. I'll try to take it apart and see which one it is. Are the left and right rotors the same? or do I have to find a left or a right? I'm pretty sure it's the right, since it was dropped on that side.

Is it fixable or is it easier to just buy another rotor? Thanks for the help guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts