Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am hoping to upgrade the brakes on my 2005 600rr from standard to the Nissin master cylinder that comes with the 07 models.

Im finding the 05 standard master a little lacking on track days. Id like a little more bite and feel which I believe I will get with the 07 master retro fitted (already have braided lines and uprated pads).

Im looking for images of anyone with this setup so I can see what it looks like and see if there will need to be any modifications required to make it fit.
Can anyone also confirm if I will need a banjo switch for the 07 master or whether there are two tabs on the underside for the brake light wiring?

Be grateful for any feedback from anyone that has made this upgrade or any pointers if I have overlooked something.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've not had any issues with the OE set up on my 2005 on track. I use Silkolene Pro race fluid as well, have done for years, it works ace.

That said, an RCS Brembo M/C would be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not had any issues with the OE set up on my 2005 on track. I use Silkolene Pro race fluid as well, have done for years, it works ace.

That said, an RCS Brembo M/C would be a good upgrade.
Im using Motul RBF 600.
I forgot to add I have rebuilt the master too with an OEM rebuild kit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the stock 07+ master isn't really all that great. if you're going to upgrade just buy a brembo RCS
I'll consider it Wibbly, any steer towards which brembo I should be looking at? i.e the RC19 as per this thread - Brembo RCS19 master cylinder install issue

If I do go the Brembo route I will need to consider the throttle, updated switch pack, brake light banjo switch (still used as a road bike), cost of pipe and reservoir etc.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im using Motul RBF 600.
I forgot to add I have rebuilt the master too with an OEM rebuild kit.
Hmmm. Depending on age it maybe that your M/C is worn in the bore, in which case a rebuild kit won't solve anything. I had this on my ZRX1200R, the rebuild kit made things worse! So I replaced it with a Nissin from a 2006 Daytona 675 I had "in stock". Much better.

The RCS 19 I have on my track bike has provision for connecting with the electrical contacts for the brake light, so should be straight forward to wire up, just put on the relevant connectors to join with the bike loom.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi guys, I am hoping to upgrade the brakes on my 2005 600rr from standard to the Nissin master cylinder that comes with the 07 models.

Im finding the 05 standard master a little lacking on track days. Id like a little more bite and feel which I believe I will get with the 07 master retro fitted (already have braided lines and uprated pads).

Im looking for images of anyone with this setup so I can see what it looks like and see if there will need to be any modifications required to make it fit.
Can anyone also confirm if I will need a banjo switch for the 07 master or whether there are two tabs on the underside for the brake light wiring?

Be grateful for any feedback from anyone that has made this upgrade or any pointers if I have overlooked something.

Thanks in advance!
I've done the same mod on my race bike, and I think it was a waste of time and money. If you want more stopping power, just spend a little more, and get an brembo 19x18, and be done with it. If you can still find some, 2an brake lines will give you far better feel than a next gen master cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts