Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while lubing my chain with the honda blue and black can i must have gotten some overspray on the rotor, and the rear brakes aren't stopping the bike all that well. i got some brake parts cleaner and cleaned the rotor, i'm going to do it in the morning again, does anyone know if this will help or should i go and pick up new pads tomorrow? the bike only has 1143 miles on it so i'd really hat to have to buy pads but i will if need be, thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy some Gunk and Pull the back pads off, spray the pads, and wipe clean and use the same towel with the spray already on it and clean the rotor, I would Recomend the Gunk with Orange Oil it removes chain lub really well, then take some Rubbing Alcohol on a new towel and rub the pads and rotor clean.... Should be good as new....
If not bleed your back brakes

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
or just buy brake cleaner and clean the rotor. Take the brake pads out and sand them down a bit to get the oil off.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Steve-o said:
or just buy brake cleaner and clean the rotor. Take the brake pads out and sand them down a bit to get the oil off.
this is what i was going to recommend as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts