Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to change my brake pads yesterday for the first time and noticed something that seems out of place. On the left caliper I noticed that the lower pad pin was sitting underneath the pad spring unlike the upper pin sitting underneath the pad spring (see pictures). I already took the right pads out and didn't notice if the other side was like that too but i doubt it.

Like I said, this is my first time changing the pads so I'm just assuming this is incorrect. I last had my pads changed by the same dealer that installed my front sprocket backwards a couple weeks ago.. So I wouldn't be surprised if they messed this up as well, I've been riding on these pads for about two years now. I even took it back to the dealer complaining about the noise my brakes made but they told me it was normal.

The pictures were taken immediately after I pulled the caliper off the bike, both pad pins are still in the caliper.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ya I don't think that's right. The pins act as guides for the clips. They both should be through the clip. Are they like that on both calipers?

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Its easy to push that pin through and have it go under the spring, just push down on it so it rides over the spring. Mine did the same thing when I changed my pads a few days ago

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow.. my local dealer cant even change brake pads correctly.. and I've been riding on with them like this for about two years. looks like a nasty phone call is in order, hopefully they'll refund me for installing my sprocket backwards after I bring this up..

thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
^ My dealer around here is a joke as well. I'm 1 of about 10 people in the whole county who have a sport bike and my Honda dealer doesn't know jack about bikes. ATV's and side by sides they're awesome but CBR's not so much.

Every time I'm replacing or cleaning something on the calipers when i go to put the pins back in they always want to go under the spring, just one of those things you have to be aware of and guide the pins OVER the spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts