Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what kind of brake pads do you guys recommend for track days?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Metal Sinthered...

I've tried EBC, Goldfren and Galfers... All three are OK and with a nice price...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Pm riders discount.

I got sbs sintered.

Imo its all the same unless your very quick. If its your firrst trackday or 10th for that matter oem is more than enough. Suspension is more important than pads unless you dont have any lol

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its gonna be time to change them soon anyways so i figured ill upgrade. Suspension is set up for my weight so im good on that for now.

·
Registered
381 Posts
oh didn't know why i wrote 1030..lol is a part of my uni code:S way too stress this month.....
Yes 1370...i got the same on my table, will try them aswell with confidence so=)
Ty.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Vesrah RJL, though yeah there's not a ton of difference until you're pretty fast.

I personally like to resurface my rotors when I change pad compounds, but it's not strictly mandatory.

·
Registered
903 Posts
+1 on the Vesrah RJLs

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've heard awesome things about the vesrah pads. But they are pretty pricey. A friend who's real fast actually suggested Vortex pads, but I have no experience with that.

I've been using the EBC HH pads which aren't anything crazy but they have been great. The brakes on our bikes are pretty solid and the pads have held up great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah Like the EBC

I've heard awesome things about the vesrah pads. But they are pretty pricey. A friend who's real fast actually suggested Vortex pads, but I have no experience with that.

I've been using the EBC HH pads which aren't anything crazy but they have been great. The brakes on our bikes are pretty solid and the pads have held up great.
+1 on EBC HH pads they are a great progression type pad bike more and more as you apply pressure. Rather than a lot of bite when first getting on the brakes. I like progression over initial bite. I think you stay a little fast going through corners on a progression pad vs a very big bite pad so in my opinion I really like the EBC HH pads great price, great use, and I think they are pretty responsive in all the right ways. You can still get your rear tire off the ground but at the same time with it being progressive usually it won't cause you to step out much at all. I ride it both street and track. Just my .02

·
Registered
966 Posts
I really dislike EBC's HH pads. Very wooden feeling pad IMO. On my F4i I've never felt like the oem pads were in any way lacking. They are consistant, modulate well and don't overheat easy. For the RR though I'm at the end of the oem pads life and they are heat fading on me fairly badly considering I'm only a slow A group pace. There are some different EBC's then the HH's that I hear good things about and I've never heard a bad thing said about the vesrah's so that's what I'll probably try next.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts