Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, all i did was take off my front tire to get it replaced. When I put it back on my front brake acted weird. When I squeeze the brake lever it has no brakes, if I squeeze a second time its got half pressure, a third time and my brakes are normal, hard as can be. I took off the caliper and reset the pistons, made sure the pads were in right and even bleed the brakes and same result. once i pump the brake they are fine, but do the same problem after about two minutes! any ideas?

·
Registered
205 Posts
When you take your front wheel off, the pistons will be compressed back into the calipers. It takes a pump or two to get the pistons/pads close to the rotors again.

If this happens the first time you go for the brakes after having the wheel off, you're OK. If the brakes are soft every time you squeeze the brake handle, you might have warped rotor(s).

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What he said ^^^

Always make sure to pump your brakes in the garage before heading out to set the pistons. Something you dont want to find out coming up to a stop sign!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
if your brakes are starting soft and then getting too hard like so your bike wont move then you need to bleed your brakes again.. DONT RIDE IT LIKE THIS! my friend did and thats y he crashed... take your time and make sure you bleed them right.

·
Registered
481 Posts
same thing happen to me. your rotor is problably bent, when you took of your wheel you probably rest it on the rotor and thats all it takes, what i did to mine was sent it to www.willsrimrepair.com. he fix it and sent it back in about 3 days and it only cost me 15 dollars. There is similar treads about the same issue your having , use the search button. good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts