Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing a lot of modifications lately, and was going to put new pads on the front calipers. Unfortunately one of the pistons came out and there was a waterfall of brake fluid... So my question is what do I do about this? Can I push the piston back in and bleed them, or does the caliper need to be taken apart? If it needs to be taken apart, I don't really know how to do this.. so some guidance would be great. I have an 03. Oh and also, if someone would take a picture of the caliper assembled on the rotor from the back, so I could see the spring pad it would be awesome. Thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
you know, it's probably the first time the piston has been popped out ever... since you've already got most of the hard work out of the way, why not take this opportunity to refresh your calipers! get a new seal kit and run with it!

if you've got time. otherwise clean it up and put it back on and bleed the caliper as usual.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I didnt have that problem but I did switch out my front pads for some organic galfer pads...my original pads were metallic...I didnt wipe down the rotors or calipars...is this going to affect my organic brake pads???

K

·
0 Posts
doubtful. Not cleaning the caliper effects the piston seal which can contaminate the brake fluid.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On the galfers switching to organic from the metallics they reccommend cleaning the discs to remove any left over material from the metalics that (per Galfer) will clog the face of the organic pads (I think they mean glass then basically)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts