Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I picked up a new 2009 CBR600RR ABS a few 3 months ago. A few days ago, a went over to a friends house for dinner and ended up leaving when it was dark out. His driveway is very steep, and angles off to the side as well. I put started the bike up, and just took it slow coasting down the driveway. I had a constant pressure on the brake lever to keep the bike going slow. As I got to the bottom of the driveway, it was like the same pressure I had been using no longer worked, and the bike started to speed up. I pumped the brakes, and was able to stop...but this was a little alarming. I have checked for leaking brake fluid, and don't see any. Is there air in the brake lines???

Thanks for any input!

mvem

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
having to pump the brakes would mean air in the lines

or warped rotor...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

I was using front brake. What would cause air in the brake line or a warped rotor? The bike being assembled incorrectly?

Thanks,

mvem

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
having to pump the brakes would mean air in the lines

or warped rotor...
What about low front brake fluid? As in so low that the incline makes the fluid gather to the front of the reservoir.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
To be honest I don't think anything is wrong with the brake you just have to get use to the abs braking system. If you really want since the bike is brand new you should take it back to the dealer let them take a look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts