Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone may have some info on this. I just installed ASV levers and now my front brake is squealing. It was a very easy replacement, took all of 5 minutes, and there was no adjustment or anything. There was absolutely no squeal before putting the lever on.

I rode the bike for about 30 minutes and immediately checked the temp of the front brake rotors when I got home. They were cool enough that I could touch them and hold my hand there. They were not red hot at all. I would think if the brake was dragging the rotors would get hot.

If anyone has any input I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
well, its impossible for a level to effect the makeup of the pads on the rotors, dirt, sand, debris, and what not ... so i doubt the actual lever caused it

go to autozone, or nappa, or checker, or what ever car place of your choosing, get some brake parts cleaner, hose the **** down and get the system cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Do your pads need changed? It may just be a coincidence.

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
Clean your rotors and do a full break cleaning, remove pads and get in there w some brake cleaner and old toothbrush it will do wonders. I had slight squealing, after cleaning it dissapeared. And as mentioned, your levers are not the prob lol, just a coincidence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts