Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO a few months ago I get cut off...lock it up...run into the back of the car that cut me off and he took off. SO I finally have the bike back to a rideable point an the weirdest thing has been happening. When I'm at a stop or going really slow the front brake lever has get pressure (THink brake pedal in a car). When I'm riding the pressure feel is diminished (Think air in the brake line of a car). My friend and I adjusted the lever all the way to one (furthest out) and it doesn't change anything.

Last night I was riding home late from work and I blasted down my little stretch I normally do and the front brake felt non-existent. Freaked me out. I used the rear brake to slow down and the slower I got, the more gradually the front brake felt like it had more pressure.

Has anyone ever experienced this before. I know the only thing that feels weird is that the brake lever seems like it is a little down from the accident. Other then that I can't think of anything that makes sense logically.

Anyone seen or experience this before. And before I forget I did bleed the brakes and if didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bled the brakes on sunday...no change. If its the rotors then why is it the fast I go the less pressure I feel and the slower I go the more pressure I feel.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Not necessarily. I had a warped rotor from a bad tire change and couldn't figure out why it took 3 or 4 pumps of the front brake to get some pressure. Couldn't feel anything different that would have told me what was going on sooner.
Knightslugger said:
You'd feel a warped rotor...
Does the brake lose pressure after the wheel makes a full rotation?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not if I walk it forward. I could be going 20 or slower and It will be fine (I'll double check when I get home), but the fast I get the less pressure i feel.

So it sounds like you guys think its the rotors.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Start with the basics: Fluid, lines, and pads. Ensure you're running enough fluid and they're bleed, check lines for any damage or leaks, and make sure you're pads are decent and wearing correctly.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
tornado bait said:
Bleed the brakes and check for a warped/bent rotor. A warped rotor will push the pads away during riding making the lever travel farther to apply the brakes.
Sounds like the rotors are bent and pushing the pads out too far. This makes you squeeze the brake lever more to get the pads onto the rotors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts