Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever I ride....I only use the front brake. I hardly ever use the rear at all. I figure that when you're hard on the brakes....most of the weight is transfered to the fron of the bike anyway, so using the back brake is a waste of time. Plus....my big foot has a hard time getting to that small little brake pedal anyway.

Anyone else only use the front brakes?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
In racing I almost always only use the front brake, unless its a super hard braking corner into a 180 turn, then I sometimes just 'touch' the rear to get it sliding to help back it in for the corner, other than that, almost no fast rider uses the rear.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I mostly just use the front brake. I use the rear to scrub off spead and adjust my line coming through corners sometimes if I really need to. If trying to use the rear brake while upright and hard on the front the rear tire will just lock up. There isn't enough weight on the rear under hard braking to maintain traction with the road.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
lol Oh yeah, I totally forgot about street riding, I use it all the time there lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
formergixxer said:
In racing I almost always only use the front brake, unless its a super hard braking corner into a 180 turn, then I sometimes just 'touch' the rear to get it sliding to help back it in for the corner, other than that, almost no fast rider uses the rear.
What are you smokin? Ever seen an AMA/WSB/MotoGP race? All those guys use both.

:bs:

Oh and I use both... :beer:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Heavy braking I use the fronts only but if i'm coming to a slow stop i'll use the back, basically to save front brake wear. Also if i'm in slow stop and go traffic i'll stick with the back brake.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use both brakes all the time. No matter what anyone says, using both brakes at the same time will always stop faster then just the front, even though the rear brake doesn't do a whole lot. If you always use both brakes, you'll know how to use both in an emergency situation and stop faster. Using both brakes has saved me on the street more than once.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
You can toss the rear brake away on mine. I can not really rememebr the last time I have used it other than to set my bike up for a corner.

There have been several other threads dedicated to the same thing and it always turns out that no one is going to change anyones mind on this board. Do hat you are most confident doing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I always use both, when I took the MSF course, they told us to use both, if you get in the habit of using both brakes, you will more than likely go for both if you need to stop quick (emergency)

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
if im hauling ass and need to slow quickly i use it to help shave off the speed quicker, but 98% of the time i use just the front.
after i set my suspension better (harder) ill use it more, but for now my crap is too soft to use it, too dangerous right now.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
sorry, i didnt read every post. lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
when i brake really hard damm back tire is up in the air anyways , so whats the use for using the back brake other then to make th tire stop spinning in the air lol

But when i do use it is when i have my girl in the back or at a stop sign so i dont roll back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
EvilRider said:

Here's some proof. They don't get any faster than this guy.
Hmmm, whats under his toes there? Looks like a brake to me.

That and do you really think the top race bikes in world would bother putting a rear brake on the bike and NOT use it (when every gram counts)???

1 - 20 of 36 Posts