Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a steal on a brembo MC for my 03 and am heading for a track day at JGP this weekend. I am a novice track rider and was wondering if it will help me or hurt me to install the MC before I go. I have ridden the track with my current brake set up and won't have any time to get used to the new MC before I hit the track. Pros ? Cons ? Opinions ? Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
At this point in time (Novice rider) that Brembo is about as useful to you as a three dollar bill. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just saying that at your skill level, you need to be more concerned with learning the track lines, getting smoother on and off the throttle and brakes, being consistant and predictable and improving your body positioning, learning to look through corners, etc. I would personally not worry about the new part and getting it on before the T.D.........it's not going to be something that you will notice and use at this point in time.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
At this point in time (Novice rider) that Brembo is about as useful to you as a three dollar bill. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just saying that at your skill level, you need to be more concerned with learning the track lines, getting smoother on and off the throttle and brakes, being consistant and predictable and improving your body positioning, learning to look through corners, etc. I would personally not worry about the new part and getting it on before the T.D.........it's not going to be something that you will notice and use at this point in time.
:+1::shakehand:banger:

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I will wait to put it on until after I get back.
You can always put it on, you just wont notice anything different. Though, you can't even be touching the brakes much in Novice at Jennings.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You wont be able to tell the difference as a novice so get it installed whenever you get to it. If anything keep it off until you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts