Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer still has a brand new 2009 black RR with ABS. They said honda is offering 800 bucks off but with taxes its still comes out to $10,800. What do you guys think I should offer them?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
always try to talk them down, but you do realize it'll be hard to get much $$ off during riding season. If you want a smoking deal wait till new bikes are in, and sales are down (colder months)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Depends on your location, but IMHO, that sounds a bit on the high side - plus we don't know if your figure of 10,800 is just the price of the bike or if that price also includes taxes, title, license fees, (aka: the "out-the-door" price, including everything) etc, etc...

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's ridiculously overpriced. Just a month or so ago, we were talking about them going for 9k OTD several places across the country.

Prices go up during riding season, but an $1800 increase for a 2 year old bike just because prime season has started is ridiculous.

I'll GUARANTEE you could find a used 09 ABS with less than 5k miles for $6500 or less.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
save a few more dollars and score a 2012 or 2011 ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Beautiful bike. 2011 bikes have the silver swingarm. bleh IMO.
But if this 2009 has been sitting for 2 years then you have to keep in mind
that the fluids (gas, oil, brake fluid) have also been sitting in the bike for just
as long.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I wouldn't dare pay that much for that bike its an 09 new bikes are the same price in my area or cheaper

S

·
0 Posts
That is wicked high, I paid $10,000 OTD on my 2011...YIKES!! don't let the dealer get you b/c u want the bike soooo bad....been there.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Depends on where you live... but if you're in the US, that's pretty steep for a 2 year old new bike. I bought my 0 mile "used" non-ABS 2009 (owner never touched it) for $6700 last year.

You can find gently used 2009s with abs for around 7000 - 7500 all day long in most places (maybe not Hawaii and Cali). I'd say 8500 - 9500 would be more realistic/reasonable OTD price. But good luck getting them down that far specially this time of year.

·
Registered
258 Posts
whats the difference? I thought it was the same bike
The difference is that the second you title that 09 in your name, it loses 4k of value. If you lost your job tomorrow, you'd be hard pressed to get $7k for it. If you buy an 11 for a thousand bucks more, you don't lose nearly as much value when it rolls off the showroom floor.

Personally, I'd go looking for a nearly new 09, rather than leaving the dealership feeling like I just got raped by Ron Jeremy.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The difference is that the second you title that 09 in your name, it loses 4k of value. If you lost your job tomorrow, you'd be hard pressed to get $7k for it. If you buy an 11 for a thousand bucks more, you don't lose nearly as much value when it rolls off the showroom floor.

Personally, I'd go looking for a nearly new 09, rather than leaving the dealership feeling like I just got raped by Ron Jeremy.
Good point.

I will point out that colorado taxes are ridiculous. So that includes about $700-$800 in taxes.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
You guys all suck.... I paid $8000 for my 04 (30,000km) a couple of years ago and that was a good price...

New bikes over here are up around the 18-20k mark...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You guys all suck.... I paid $8000 for my 04 (30,000km) a couple of years ago and that was a good price...

New bikes over here are up around the 18-20k mark...
Haha, I kind of know the feeling... but I'm lucky to be able to mooch off the American border. Living next to Detroit, MI does have some perks... at least there's a decent selection of used/reasonably priced motorcycles to choose from.

Bikes In Canada generally cost 2000 - 5000 more than they do in the US. I usually buy/import an American bike for cheap, use it for 1 - 2 years and sell it to a Canadian for a little more than what I originally paid for it.

A brand new 2011 600rr w/ ABS would be 15,500 - 16,000 OTD in Canada.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i paid 6,500 USD OTD for my black 09 cbr non-ABS 0 miles. bought in July, central florida. gotta know how to bargain with them. ABS would have been an extra 1k for me. 10,800 is just ridiculous for an 09

1 - 20 of 42 Posts