Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after lurking the forums for a while I've decided to come forward with my predicament and see if anyone else has encountered something similar.

So first off, I bought my bike last month on April 10. Classic story of smiles and happiness. I decide to take the bike out on a long break in ride. So at around 70 miles, I pull to the side of the road to reconnect my sena with my buddy. My bike had been running pretty hot at this point since we had been to a lot of stops. Switch the bike off, reconnect, try to start it up and... Nothing. Bike wouldn't start up at all. After a few attempts at running starts and cooling off it decided to start up. Took it to the dealership and they ran a diagnostic. No fault codes, but they determined that the air intake valve control might be faulty.

Fast forward to today. They swapped that, bike still was hard starting. Took it back again and they tell me that my tubes for my fuel pump were pinched. Still no fault codes. Bike started up fine at the dealership at around 150-170. I take it home and switch it off in my garage while it's running in the low 200's. Try to fire it up again to be sure... Held the starter for about 10 seconds and it would finally fire up, albeit reluctantly. Ok, we might have a bigger problem here.

I've taken it back a third time and after holding my bike for 2 weeks, they finally released it to me. They told me they sent a snapshot to Honda and Honda claims everything is running normal.

Let me clarify and say that the bike runs fine when it's running. It will only struggle to\not start at temps over 200. I just want to know if this is a common issue anyone else has encountered, if my dealership and Honda are giving me the run around, or if I'm just crazy.

I've owned a 2013 cb500f and a 2008 gsxr 600. No matter the temperature or circumstance, I've never encountered anything like this on any bike I've rode or owned. I can have a video demonstrating the issue later on.

Any input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a '13. I don't recall this issue, but will try your steps to see if that happens to mine and will report back.
Thanks for the reply! I notice that it's more prominent when I've been riding the bike for a while. Look forward to hearing back from you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2014 has been doing the same. I see from your youtube video (or your friends youtube video) that the court determined your bike was a lemon.

I'm not sure what to do about mine. I'm wondering if others are also having this same problem. When the bike is hot (200+), it just doesnt want to start or is very difficult to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts