Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the bike has lost alot of power since the 1st week that I got it. Its acceleration is noticeably slower and it just seems like the bike is dragging alot. The bike barely has 200 miles, wtf can possibly be wrong?

In the morning its fine, when its cold, but as it gets warmer the bike gets very slow and I have to give it alot more throttle than before to keep it moving.

I been keeping it under 6k RPM so I can break in the engine. Im not giving it full throttle or speeding off after stopping. Can the heat be an issue here? Its about 80-90 degrees F where I live. (Los Angeles)

In the mornings its about 60-70F.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer since I am assuming you got it from one. It is under warranty so get it fixed pronto.

·
Banned
543 Posts
Temperature has nothing to do with acceleration, the effects of ambient temperature changes are negligible. If your gauge says 220F or below, your bike is running fine. Either something is wrong with your bike or it's just in your head. Take it to 10k next time you're out and see if anything changes, it won't hurt the bike. It's difficult to feel any acceleration under 6k.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
One main advice while breaking in the bike change gears and revs as much as you can so the valves will seat properly

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
One main advice while breaking in the bike change gears and revs as much as you can so the valves will seat properly
First time I ever hear about this, so just keep changing gears whenever you hit 6K? Is this advice applicable to all sportbikes?

SniperFalkon, good luck with the checkup.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
First time I ever hear about this, so just keep changing gears whenever you hit 6K? Is this advice applicable to all sportbikes?

SniperFalkon, good luck with the checkup.
It's simple do not stay in 3 rd gear for example while going 35 mph for quite some time you have to mix it up gears and revs

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't agree with your brake in period at all, ride the bike like its suppose to be ridden. Bring up the revs smoothly all the way to 12/13, change gears, downshifts while rev matching. As for the power loss it's all in your head.

Sent while sitting on the crapper

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I don't agree with your brake in period at all, ride the bike like its suppose to be ridden. Bring up the revs smoothly all the way to 12/13, change gears, downshifts while rev matching. As for the power loss it's all in your head.

Dude we are talkin break in.....12/13 RPM???

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
^^^what don't you understand about bringing the revs up to 12k? These bikes redline at 16, as long as he's not revving the piss out of it in his driveway and riding on a hwy under load the bike will be fine. It's his bike and he can do what he wants but from threads he's started it sounds like he's thinking too much into everything. I'm not trying to be rude.

Ps. The bike is still under factory warranty.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Hard break in!!!!!!

Have done it on a number of bikes, never had a problem on any of them. Ever.
Even broke in my rebuilt track motor the same way.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Scroll down about halfway to see Pictures.
A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words:

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Dude we are talkin break in.....12/13 RPM???
yes

we are talking break in

do you know what a "breakin period" is for?

its not some magic moment where things are stupid fragile on the motor cycle

its a point and time where the rings are wearing down the high points in the cylider walls, and on them selves, providing a better seal

same with the valve stems, and the guides

and the same with the cams

, and well ever other moving part in the motor ... oil pump, all that good stuff

as long as every part has proper oil (it better, or there is bigger issues) there is no issue

part of the hard breakin theory is that the rings, and other parts will wear to a pattern that suits the higher rpms that the motor will likely see the rest of its life after breakin, this not causing a SECOND series of wear conditions, thus reducing the over all parts wear during the "breakin" cycle.

Reactions: Dynamic

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
OP b4 you ride anymore go to website given by tripage and educate yourself.....

you really need more info!

also suggest Twist of the wrist 2......

Please read /research more!

GL!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hard break in!!!!!!

Have done it on a number of bikes, never had a problem on any of them. Ever.
Even broke in my rebuilt track motor the same way.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Scroll down about halfway to see Pictures.
A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words:
Thanks for that article Trip I always wondered about the hard break-in theory but never actually read up on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts