Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike i have had my eyes on for a very long time is the 2008 CBR 600 Orange/Black. I have now located one with 0 miles on it. What is your opinion on buying a new bike. Out the door its 9300 no additional fees everything included. Please give your word of advise on this since I am curious how YOU think and reason.

Thanks for all help
Cris

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
For a little bit more, or even the same price, get an '09.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want the orange though :) If you wouldnt mind letting me know what I would be "missing" in an 08 from an 09 I would def take it under consideration

·
Registered
151 Posts
You should be able to get it cheaper since the 09's have been out for a bit. See if they will throw in a helmet.. I love my orange, but the new green is sweet too.. GL on getting your bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funny, out the door for the -09 is $9,999 so its 600 we are talking which is not a lot. but both are brand new bikes, is there really that big of a difference?

WHY would you not get a brand new bike?

Why Would you?

if you have time to elaborate of course.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to get it cheaper since the 09's have been out for a bit. See if they will throw in a helmet.. I love my orange, but the new green is sweet too.. GL on getting your bike.

thanks, i love the orange too. and as you can see i am a sucker for orange details...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
A year newer, a years more worth of warranty, ABS option, better paint schemes.

I'd rather have the '09.

A little more? The 09 retails for 10,500 now. So unless you are good at bringing them down, you wouldn't be spending a little more.
The '09 can be had as low as what the OP can get the '08 for.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
09 has more midrange and the altered fairings and turn signals, slightly less top-end due to exhaust valve closing early (can be changed fairly easily). That's a very general break down but like everyone has said you can probably find an 09 for ~10k otd, not much more. If your heart is set on the 08 shop around more - orange was the least popular color in 08 so most dealerships still have a few sitting around. You should be able to get one for 9k at least, with some stuff thrown in. Just hammer the dealer for awhile.

You can always add orange details to the 09 if you want, just get some vinyl cut if you don't want to paint or wait for the inevitable Repsol fairing kit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not set on an 2008 just the orange black combo. True you can always modify the bike to the colors you want, i just found the orange 07 & 08 to be very appealing.

I am still curious about peoples thoughts about buying new vs used.

·
Registered
532 Posts
if its your first bike I would recommend buying a used as the bike is more likely to be a little more thrashed. Not saying you cant ride it just seems to be a tendency. Drop the bike, burn the clutch, dont maintance correctly, whatever. You could find a nice used bike for $4000-7000 depending on milage, condition, upgrades, etc etc. Then after a year or whatever get a new bike like the 2010 or 11
Becareful if you buy a used bike as they can be missing parts, been layed down, have problems, etc etc
Goodluck

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if its your first bike I would recommend buying a used as the bike is more likely to be a little more thrashed.
Not the first bike but the first 600 bike.

Becareful if you buy a used bike as they can be missing parts, been layed down, have problems, etc etc
Goodluck
This is my issue too, who can you trust, but I rarely see hear people saying they bought it new. But obviously someone needs to buy it new LOL. Who buys new? and why?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I buy like new, used. Only upon inspection first, and dont buy the cheapest bike, buy a good deal from someone who knows what they have. Ask questions, if the guy is an idiot about bikes, dont buy a bike from him.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got a call from the dealer and they would give me the bike for 9000 OTD. $0 down if i want to finance it which im still not sure if i want to do. Damn I hate decisions..

I'll wait and let this thread go for a little bit and see what more you guys have to say

·
Registered
532 Posts
people who buy new are
people who can afford it
people who want a perfect perfect perfect bike
people with ocd

if you get get a new one go for it
used arent a bad bargain tho if you have someone who knows their stuff or if you know what to look for and watch out for and what questions to ask you should be ok

·
Registered
37 Posts
people who buy new are
people who can afford it
people who want a perfect perfect perfect bike
people with ocd

if you get get a new one go for it
used arent a bad bargain tho if you have someone who knows their stuff or if you know what to look for and watch out for and what questions to ask you should be ok
Would you mind elaborating on what are the right questions to ask?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i like to buy new, i just don't trust people enough. its a nice piece of mind to know for sure that your bike hasn't been dropped or not properly maintenanced etc. i also personally like the 07-08s better than the 09. the only thing that i like more on the 09s are the signal lights, but a lot of people buy flushmounts and integrated tails anyway, so it makes no difference. if it were me i would buy the 08 orange/black that you are looking into. thats what i bought and i don't have any regrets. i just bought the 09 style rear turn signals and some front flushmounts to get rid of the big ugly stock signals.
thats my personal opinion on new vs used and 08 vs 09 but in the end its all about what YOU want, not what someone else likes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
got a call from the dealer and they would give me the bike for 9000 OTD. $0 down if i want to finance it which im still not sure if i want to do. Damn I hate decisions..

I'll wait and let this thread go for a little bit and see what more you guys have to say
I'd put some money down if possible dude. The second you take it off the lot the value drops to 7300. Meaning if something bad happens in life and you need to sell it. You will actually owe them money most likely. 9000 OTD isn't bad I'd say if this is what you want. or you can try to take the 09.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get the 08 man. I have an 09 and don't get me wrong, I love it. I just wanted the black and silver paint scheme. You like the orange so that's a huge deciding factor. If you look at reviews, the 08 was bike of the year where as the 09 is 3rd place under the zx6r and the gsxr. It's cheaper and a better bike, why are you making this difficult? :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts