Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Eh Ive always learned if its to good to be true it well simply probably is... Basicly the reason I think that the mototune breakin is so popular is not because it breaks in the bike any better or any thing but simply because it lets people jump on their bikes and use the power right away plain and simple, it appeals to our american wish to get our cake ASAP...

First 600 miles keep it under 5,000 RPM, get 600 mile service from reputable mechanic and then ask him what to do from there. I personaly after 600 miles keep the RPMs fairly low mostly however was told to get a good range of RPMs all the way to redline occationaly. After 3000 miles I just ride it as I like.

Not saying mototune is wrong but I just dont buy it myself, its popular just because its "quick fix" While regular break in has easiliy been proven.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I took it easy for about the first 200 miles, after that I would run it wide open. The bike has 46XX miles now and runs strong.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Eh Ive always learned if its to good to be true it well simply probably is... Basicly the reason I think that the mototune breakin is so popular is not because it breaks in the bike any better or any thing but simply because it lets people jump on their bikes and use the power right away plain and simple, it appeals to our american wish to get our cake ASAP... What a bunch of :monkey_poo: stay with things you know.. this topic is beat to death all the time. So I supose that the Europeans like there cake like us Yankee's or the Japanese, or those Aussies. You need to read your manual. No where no where does it say to keep you RPM low or below a certain limit. All it say is to not do any hard acceleration starts and to vary the RPM. It doesnt even have a milage of how long to do it basically ther is no, 0 zero breakin reaquired as all of the engines are built with new modern technolgy, and the engine is broken in at the factory.

Not saying mototune is wrong but I just dont buy it myself, its popular just because its "quick fix" While regular break in has easiliy been proven.
At leat mototune shows some evidence, cylinders and pistons etc. Where as the socalled regualr breakin has not been proven at all since ther is uasually more carbon build up around valves, and cylinders. I have seen this personally and have been around racing for many years and I am just tired of some smuck who thinks he knows squat when he dont know didly.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Sorry I just had to vent and stop the sillyness. all modern sport bikes are a marvel in composite metals and methods of construction. These are not your 1960's Triumph Bonniville or 1970's CB750 or even the early 90's sportbike for that matter.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I think the warning at the top says it all. You're going to get a different opinion from each person you ask. I took it easy until the 600mi oil change, never went over 7Krpm in that time, after the 600 oil change I started to use it normally

·
Registered
725 Posts
LonelyRR said:
I wash I could breakin my bike....Damn Snow. I only have 27 or 37 miles on it
i'm with you, but I only have 0 miles on mine ...

I have some friends that go to school at IC ....

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
thanks for the advice guys... i wonder what Honda says about it. (Out of curiosity).. i wonder if they have any input on the situation..

im gonna e-mail them and post what they send me.. If anything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You know what. I couldnt resist, I just jumped on and rode the piss out of it .I got 6k now and it doesnt use a drop of oil, doesnt smoke, (well a little on a hard down shift-- but normal) and plenty of power, 70mph 2nd gear wheelies anytime I want. Sounds like its running good to me but what do you all think. :bounce:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought the whole point of that method was "ring sealing" It sounds like its worth a try to do that stuff, i doubt it would hurt anything. im really courious about all the oil talk with the metal chips? I dont know how liget that is but I guess its worth trying i dont think it will hurt?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts