Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
07 Carbon Fiber King
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have a 07 600rr with a PCIII, straight exhaust and just over 7K. Never been in for anything. I just noticed it this morning. I was in 6th gear at like 3.5-4k and when I went to give it gas it started bucking and sputtering. I was just crusing and a car turned out from in front of me so instead of down shifting it just gave it WOT. This is the second time I have noticed it. It was still cold somewhat 120ish? any input will help

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If you are saying that this happened with your bike at 120F and not warmed up yet, there is your problem. If you have been in the habit of not warming your bike properly and doing those things, your plugs can meet an early retirement. I would check the plugs if that happens again.

Try to warm your bike up to 170F before hitting it like that. Don't even put it in gear until it is at 120F....better habit to get into.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Yeah, I basically wait until the temp registers, then I'm off; usually 97F, but jumps to 110+ in a matter of seconds. Obviously, it's an ignition/fueling issue. My hunch is it might be PC3 related, but that's the only thing I can say based on the limited information, especially since it's only doing it in 6th gear.

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I basically wait until the temp registers, then I'm off; usually 97F, but jumps to 110+ in a matter of seconds. Obviously, it's an ignition/fueling issue. My hunch is it might be PC3 related, but that's the only thing I can say based on the limited information, especially since it's only doing it in 6th gear.
i don't even do that. I walk my bike out, shut the door, get on, close my lid, turn the bike on, start it, and go when the oil light goes out.

·
Registered
432 Posts
First off I have a 07 600rr with a PCIII, straight exhaust and just over 7K. Never been in for anything. I just noticed it this morning. I was in 6th gear at like 3.5-4k and when I went to give it gas it started bucking and sputtering. I was just crusing and a car turned out from in front of me so instead of down shifting it just gave it WOT. This is the second time I have noticed it. It was still cold somewhat 120ish? any input will help

Thanks

Brian
How fast were you going? You are a little low in the Rev's for my taste that might be what is causing the bike to not accelerate right away. I have had this happen to me before as well. It was cause I was too low in the RPM. The best power delivery happens after 7k. Try not to shift into 6th unless your going to be revving at least 5-6k?

Take your bike out on the highway shift into 6th, and let the rpm's drop then try and accelerate you will see what I mean. It will be slower than dogsh!t at first, but then once it gets into the powerband it will move just fine.

You're not really suppose to be in 6th gear, riding along at 40mph. I dunno why you would if this is the case?

K

·
0 Posts
How fast were you going? You are a little low in the Rev's for my taste that might be what is causing the bike to not accelerate right away. I have had this happen to me before as well. It was cause I was too low in the RPM. The best power delivery happens after 7k. Try not to shift into 6th unless your going to be revving at least 5-6k?

Take your bike out on the highway shift into 6th, and let the rpm's drop then try and accelerate you will see what I mean. It will be slower than dogsh!t at first, but then once it gets into the powerband it will move just fine.

You're not really suppose to be in 6th gear, riding along at 40mph. I dunno why you would if this is the case?
you can be in any gear you want, so long as when you twist the throttle it doesn't stall. that said, going to WOT in 6th gear in a half second is not the way to accelerate in that high a gear. You should be mindful of how much acceleration you want out of the amount of throttle you're giving, and be in the right gear to deliver it. i cruise around town all day long in 6th gear. 30 mph? 6th gear. 50 MPH? 6th gear.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You didnt put a lower grade gas in by accident did you?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I would say probably gave it to much gas does this happen in other gears as well
or not ?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
so u dont have any sort of pipe on it?? just headers or what?? that can do damage over time

·
07 Carbon Fiber King
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would say probably gave it to much gas does this happen in other gears as well
or not ?
Nah I figured that was what it was but wasnt sure. This is the second time I have noticed it. Didnt know the life of the plugs and if they were on there way out or what.

·
07 Carbon Fiber King
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so u dont have any sort of pipe on it?? just headers or what?? that can do damage over time
Just a slash cut out the bottom of the under belly. No baffle. Im about to go back stock though. The noise is getting old.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Nah I figured that was what it was but wasnt sure. This is the second time I have noticed it. Didnt know the life of the plugs and if they were on there way out or what.
Before you go and spend money on the plugs ( they ain't cheap )
test the bike out various gears , speeds & Rpms and take notes i
sold my 03 RR with 42k miles and still had the original spark plugs :icon_lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
PC3R Problem.

I went through 4 on my ZX12....similar thing but WORSE...much worse. Long story short, I took the PC off and probably will never get another

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
PC3R Problem.

I went through 4 on my ZX12....similar thing but WORSE...much worse. Long story short, I took the PC off and probably will never get another
I know what you mean i had the same issues with my 03 RR
almost got wacked from the rear couple of time on the highway
no more PCIII on my bikes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts