1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Do you race?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yeah, if you race. You wont be able to get any winnings from Superstock class :p
And if you dont race, why would you need that much braking power??

·
Registered
477 Posts
I track my bike and have the brembo master and rotors. Awsome. So awsom that Wera is banning them because of the advantage they give to riders with them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got the radial master cylinder and stainless lines.. and honestly, the stock master cylinders and lines are already focking awesome. I would say it's completely unnecessary unless, as some people mentioned here, you're racing.

G

·
You'll be fine with both the CRG shortie clutch and the stock brake master cylinder. If anything, buy the hrc pads from Dan Kyle (866) 667-4925 Toll Free and some nice brake fluid..

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was going to do the Brembo MC on my RR, but got a great deal on a stock Brembo MC like the one on my R1. I'm going to Frankenstein that together as soon as I get custom lines made.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Aftermarket/upgraded master cylinders are more about "feel" at the lever, than outright braking efficiency. You will definitely notice more of a performance improvement with lines and pads than you will with a new blingy MC.

My front brake system consists of SS lines, Vesrah RJL pads, and a Brembo radial MC, with stock rotors. The Vesrahs were hands down the most noticeable improvement in *braking efficiency*. It took me half a trackday to get used to them (coming from EBC HH pads previously), I was floating the rear end up in the air so often. For me, the value of the Brembo (mine is a 19x18) is in the feel at the lever -- it's given me much more confidence to trail brake up to the apex. Whether "feel" is important enough of a factor for street riding to justify a $300 purchase (it'll be close to that amount by the time you add all the little things you'll also need) is up to you.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I absolutely LOVE the Vesrah RJLs, and those are the "cheaper" pads (if you can call $90/set "cheap"). Their premier pads, SRJLs, run $150/set, and are widely considered to be as good as the reknowned HRC pads, if not better. Here is how my Vesrah distributor describes the two:

"RJL: harder backing plate and more initial bite than sintered metal pads
-- great for the racer on a budget as well as most trackday riders.

SRJL: linear feel, the more you pull the lever, the more bite - you will probably scare yourself silly the first time you use these pads, they bring the bike to a halt RIGHT NOW! Don't buy these unless you are ready to spend $150 for pads from now on because you will not be able to settle for anything else in the future! You have been warned..."

What I cannot tell you is whether either of these pads are suitable for street use. All of the people I know running these pads are fellow racers. For street use, I think EBC HH pads represent a good compromise in performance and streetability.

·
Registered
606 Posts
quassi and I have the same exact setup and I (funny enough) have the same feedback he does.........

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
raoke said:
Yeah me too lol, Ill call up Nick again...

Edit: (2 min later) Just like that, Nick came through is getting me rears as well. I guess I did forget =P
Mri is the place to go guys...
Actually, what I meant was, two sets for the front. One for the left, one for the right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts