Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my foot yesterday at PT.. at it just hit me that it will be kind of hard to ride while im on crutches.... i am devistated... my baby is my world and a day without her is a bad day for me. I realize that if that is all i have to worry about then things are going to be fine, but i just gotta vent. I guess its a good time to do a few mods since i got some down time.... now i just gotta convice the wife to let me spend some money....by the way thanks for letting me vent...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
no dont ride with a broken foot. rather ride pillion if you absolutely have to, but imagine putting your foot out for a stray dog in the road or some ****.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Right foot or left? I could see he left being a big issue, but if its the right, get out & ride!
agreed, left foot could be problem-matic but if it's the right then i'd say slow your ride down some and get out a ride

·
Registered
714 Posts
i would take it easy, to let it heal right. Not even just about using the foot while riding but holding the weight is what i would be more worried about. What if you were at a stop light and more weight was put on the broken foot side and you injured it more? You probably dont realize how much muscle or balance in the foot is used when holding the bike mounted or not. Dont be stupid, take a break

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Let your foot heal right or you'll regret it. If you can ride and do that then by all means rock on. If not, it's a bike...not your child.

·
RR Noobie!
150 Posts
ah man... sorry to hear about your foot but don't let that stop you from riding! =)

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
first you want to heal correctly, if you do not walking and or riding could be compromised and the rest of your life will be changed,

get to to a point where you can put a good amount of weight on it, as you are sitting on your bike rock yourself back and forth and see what limits you have,

you know when sitting at a light the wind can force the bike to either side if you can not hold the weight on that foot you could drop it, would you rather wait or drop it?

ask the doctors when they think you can ride, then use your own judgment,

this may be time to watch races, learn about working on it, learn about riding it, watch IIOM, TWIST, and a few others, also you can read books, about sportbike riding which will help when you are healed,

I wont be to long until you can ride, just make sure you do not do anything that will have permanent alterations to the way your foot functions, good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts