Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it isnt one thing its another... ANyway, I broke off the spring bolt on the clutch housing. The head snapped when I was torquing it, the manual says 12nm, deff not right or I looked at the wrench wrong. How should I get the broken bolt out of the hole? Its flush with the clutch housing, and I'm afraid of those screwout tools, as they almost NEVER work. Any help fellas??:puke:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ahhh nevermind, I said a prayer and well it came out with me tapping it using a center punch... Seizes to amaze me what a pray can help do sometimes.. And no I'm not religious by any means..

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truthfully, I used s center punch and a hammer. I just center punched it a ton of times ( originally I did this so I could get a good start with the drill bit, I didnt want it to walk ) and then I said hmm, I then tapped the screw around ( like back it out ) using the punch... Kinda hard to explain, but like just remove it by putting the center punch on the edge of the broken bole ( inside the hole ) and walk it out by tapping it with the punch and hammer... OR better yet drill a hole in the center of the bolt ( make sure you use a center punch ) and then get a screw extractor that will work for that size bolt.

Make sure you use a tap handle ( handle used for tapping threads/to hold the tap ) because these damn screw extractors can break very easily if they are not used level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts