Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i replaced my stator cover like 3 weeks ago and since then only rode like 3 times. well last night i went downstairs to put in a screw and noticed that there was a loose piece near my stator cover, so i ended taken it apart and noticed that a bracket that is connected to the stator cover and that is used to hold the screw that connects the fairings together was not connected, so anyways i notice i had some oil in the under belly of the fairings and was like what is this felt around and noticed it wascoming from under the stator cover. well i took it apart and noticed that i did not add sealant my fault well and ways bought some today put it on and started to put the screws in and tighnted them, well read that the torque for those was 10lbs was not going to do it, was just going to hand tight it but i torque it, the bottom and top sh1t they snapped so now what i dont want to take it apart yet cause i put on the sealant so want to wait. i just hope see that maybe there still connected to the frame part, and if so should i leave it or just go buy new ones. or what do i do

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
if you wait the sealant *rtv* will solidify and remove with some ease. also see if and when you remove the cover see if the remainder of the bolts will unthread out of the holes. this being the best case situation...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
go get one of the "grab it" bolt removers. they work great. or they make others that look like sockets that go counter clockwise and bite into the metal of the bolt sticking out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.