Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy knocked my bike over and broke the bar end screw off in the handle bar and its damn near flush broken off any ideas how to get it out and im fairly new to riding so i dont know alot about the bike so any help is good enough thanks guys

·
Registered
57 Posts
i had the same issue. i pulled out that whole piece that the ends screw into, drilled out the broken bolt and tapped out new threads. just be sure when drilling, to make the hole as straight as possible or your gonna have a crooked bar end.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Is it possible to get a smaller drill bit than the screw then use a screw extractor

Reactions: tenjin

·
Registered
434 Posts
The replacement insert is like $12 and should just come out once you pinch the clip.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Is it possible to get a smaller drill bit than the screw then use a screw extractor
this would be the best fix, gets you extra tools for your toolbox for when you break another screw or bolt (it will happen) and is realativly cheap.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
my 03 all i had to do was role back the grip about an inch or two. There is a small hole, all u do is poke a screw driver in there, and pull out the plastic in side the handle bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts