Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was taking off my frame slider and the bolt snapped! the bolt is stuck not in the subframe hole but further in on the engine hole with the threads. considering its grade 8 bolt, any idea how to take it out..easy out failed, no machine shop wants to touch it without taking bascially the hole bike apart. It fills the hole engine threaded area so im assuming its about 1/4" to 1/2". The only thing ive done is try to drill it out. Ive got a smaller hole to go all the way through and workin up to bigger drill bits but its very difficult now. any ideas or solutions? It looks like i could change a section of the engine cover that the left and right holes are on..anybody know about that idea? thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Wow, you are sucking!!! Only thing I would touch it with is a Left handed drill bit....a very expensive left handed drill bit: ie SnapOn. Usually the bit will go in a bit and grab ahold of the bolt and twist it out as the bit moves counter clockwise.

But to be honest, I would never mess with it. You can really screw some shiz up. Just run the bike w/o framesliders

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow, you are sucking!!! Only thing I would touch it with is a Left handed drill bit....a very expensive left handed drill bit: ie SnapOn. Usually the bit will go in a bit and grap ahold of the bolt and twist it out as the bit moves counter clockwise.

But to be honest, I would never mess with it. You can really screw some shiz up. Just run the bike w/o framesliders

i agree, great advise

·
Registered
869 Posts
Which would be fine if the frame slider bolts didn't also happen to be engine mounts. :tool:
Wow, true Canadian azzhole A!? Congratulations

The bolt is already in :tool:

We should really have a vote kick option on this website. 5 strikes and your out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, you are sucking!!! Only thing I would touch it with is a Left handed drill bit....a very expensive left handed drill bit: ie SnapOn. Usually the bit will go in a bit and grab ahold of the bolt and twist it out as the bit moves counter clockwise.

Drive with only one frame slider? i would do that but i dont wanna risk the outcome if i happen to low side it one day on that side..or just drop it..ill look for a snap on bit..i know snap on it very high quality so guess its worth a try

·
Registered
181 Posts
Do you still have room to drill a bigger hole in the bolt if so, do it then easy out again. Or just drill it out and start fabricated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts