Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I had to get rid of my baby. I'm just to old with a bad leg to have kept it. Safety became a factor for me while trying to ride it thinking I was 20 again. I had to get something more upright. So I now have a new Yamaha FZ6R please forgive me for saying that name lol. However I do plan on getting a CBR650, so not all is lost. Plus I got one helluva deal on my bike for the Yamaha. I also can ride feeling more relaxed with peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Cool bike and congratulations. Kinda funny though, because that bike is likely just as fast and can and get you into just as much trouble depending on your choice of riding you do. Merely taking away a more aggressive riding position and substituting something more comfortable and street oriented might ease out the leg, but isn't necessarily safer if it's a self control issue or something.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I sit very upright on my new bike, and I am more likely to get a ticket on this than I ever was on a sportbike. It's too easy to ride on the edge.

·
Registered
874 Posts
So I now have a new Yamaha FZ6R please forgive me for saying that name
Don't worry about what you ride. I think it's ridiculous people hate on other brands. Yamaha makes a nice product congrats on the bike.

Don't talk about being too old, your new bike still looks like a crotch rocket to the untrained eye and will turn heads. I'm 22 and feel old until I hop onto my motorcycle. I'll be riding sporty looking bikes until i'm 80. haha

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry about what you ride. I think it's ridiculous people hate on other brands. Yamaha makes a nice product congrats on the bike.

Don't talk about being too old, your new bike still looks like a crotch rocket to the untrained eye and will turn heads. I'm 22 and feel old until I hop onto my motorcycle. I'll be riding sporty looking bikes until i'm 80. haha
Yeah I know but you know how trolls can be. They have nothing better to do then to flame people. My very first bike was a 86 Fazer750. Man did that bike have some power. I was like 19 or 20 when I got that one. I hear ya on being 80 and still going lol. I just hope if I'm that old and I can still ride. My FE kit will be here today for it. I also have cut down the windscreen added bar end mirrors, matte black plasti dipped the front white fender. Added blue rim tape and made my own mirror block off plates. The only down side I can see to this bike is. The exhaust its one whole unit, no way of just adding a slip on. So I'm going to add R6 headers and then do the slip on.

·
Registered
874 Posts
My FE kit will be here today for it. I also have cut down the windscreen added bar end mirrors, matte black plasti dipped the front white fender. Added blue rim tape and made my own mirror block off plates. The only down side I can see to this bike is. The exhaust its one whole unit, no way of just adding a slip on. So I'm going to add R6 headers and then do the slip on.
If you plan on buying a cbr650 then maybe you should hold off on the mods to help save for it.
Unless you plan on keeping the yamaha, which is also a good option. If you do plan on keeping it you should also add shorty levers to it, cheap and make shifting/braking easier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool bike and congratulations. Kinda funny though, because that bike is likely just as fast and can and get you into just as much trouble depending on your choice of riding you do. Merely taking away a more aggressive riding position and substituting something more comfortable and street oriented might ease out the leg, but isn't necessarily safer if it's a self control issue or something.
Its not got that torque that my cbr has. The cbr would slide me back when I got on the throttle. Then again I'm not worried about loosing that. I ride with sense and in no way try to be a show stopper. I just love to ride and now can so with a smile on my face. The leg really loves it now lol.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
nothing wrong with a yamaha.... good bikes as well - congratz, and if you feel better on it more power to you, enjoy and ride safe!!!! (there is a time for everyone, a supersport might not be the best option for their body/mind...)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you plan on buying a cbr650 then maybe you should hold off on the mods to help save for it.
Unless you plan on keeping the yamaha, which is also a good option. If you do plan on keeping it you should also add shorty levers to it, cheap and make shifting/braking easier.
Yes shorty levers are on the list with stompgrips. I will be keeping the Yam for my wife when I get the CBR650. I have other things on the list to get as well. The exhaust is something I'm working on now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nothing wrong with a yamaha.... good bikes as well - congratz, and if you feel better on it more power to you, enjoy and ride safe!!!! (there is a time for everyone, a supersport might not be the best option for their body/mind...)
Thanks kali............ lol I do believe I'm past that time.

·
7,274 Posts
Thanks kali............ lol I do believe I'm past that time.
well, i'm trying to keep thinking i can push the 600 for now, but yeah, the body doesn't appreciate it after how bad i have beat it to hell and back all my life :retard:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i'm trying to keep thinking i can push the 600 for now, but yeah, the body doesn't appreciate it after how bad i have beat it to hell and back all my life :retard:
I hear ya on that. To bad we can't mod our bodies like we do our bikes. I would be the first in line for new knees, left leg, back and shoulders lol.

·
7,274 Posts
yeah, sounds about right :shakehand

1 - 17 of 17 Posts