Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CBR 600RR 2004

Ok so, as the title suggests…. My HISS receiver broke and I brought a replacement (this was off of a Honda cbr f4i 2004 model) bike fuel pump won’t prime, I then decided to buy a replacement ECU and programmed key chips for that ECU. Fitted it all and still no fuel prime. It’s in neutral, kick stand down, kill switch in starter position, fuel relay clicks but no prime. Now as I think it could be due to the cbr F4i hiss receiver Iv ordered yet another replacement however this one is off of a cbr 600rr 2004. But until that arrives does anybody have any idea as to what may be causing me my problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think you've already spotted the issue. I would put in your old ECU, change the HISS for the CBRR one and reprogram your original keys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you've already spotted the issue. I would put in your old ECU, change the HISS for the CBRR one and reprogram your original keys.
Ok so new receiver arrived, still doesn’t work with new or old ecu’s and attached keys. Iv tested bank sensor, clutch sensor, kill switch housing, ECU voltage and continuity between ecu and receiver plug and all are fine except pink cable on voltage at receiver plug end so I’m assuming that’s the cable the reduced voltage travels down back to the ecu to tell the fuel pump to prime. So I’m exhausted on what to do apart from what you mentioned. How would I go about doing this if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I think HISS programming to your specific ECU needs to be done at a dealer using their software to prevent theft related issues. How did your original HISS break?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update tested my ECU in a mates bike and it’s fried….. new ECU and coded chips on the way 👍🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts