Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was adjusting my idle to find out it no longer would go up, ended up lowering it to about 1000rpm without being able to bring it back up.

Took the plastics off and lifted the tank. Pulled the remaining twisted cable off the adjuster and ended up finding that a 1/4 drive 5mm socket fits on this adjuster. I used a flexible extension and adjusted my idle accordingly until i can get a new cable...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was adjusting my idle to find out it no longer would go up, ended up lowering it to about 1000rpm without being able to bring it back up.

Took the plastics off and lifted the tank. Pulled the remaining twisted cable off the adjuster and ended up finding that a 1/4 drive 5mm socket fits on this adjuster. I used a flexible extension and adjusted my idle accordingly until i can get a new cable...

^^^
so mine did same thing I screwed it out but mine is still in tact i will lift gas tank & fux my question is ... so when yours was lowered to 1000rpm did it idle like it wanted to die ? Like when u started it bck up or came to red light ? Did it sound funny like loss power like it wanted to cut off pretty much ?
^^^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^
so mine did same thing I screwed it out but mine is still in tact i will lift gas tank & fux my question is ... so when yours was lowered to 1000rpm did it idle like it wanted to die ? Like when u started it bck up or came to red light ? Did it sound funny like loss power like it wanted to cut off pretty much ?
^^^
yeah i think the manual says idle should be 1300 +\- 100. I would assume 1000rpm may be too low and it would try to die.
i just took off the plastics and the front 2 bolts to the tank and stuck a little 5mm socket on the metal part the cable connects to, fired it up and let it get to operating temp (165) and set my idle at 1300. Hasn’t changed since and it shouldn’t.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts