Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get in there and fix it...my seat lock won't unlock anymore...

Last time this happened I just popped my lock out and pull the wire manually....

This time that won't even work...how can I take my tail fairing with out taking my rear seat off?????

This blows...I have a new fender delete kit to install since my other one flew off...

And I can't cuz I can't take the fairing off....I have no way to mount my license plate now...

Please help....

·
Registered
72 Posts
heh, you have some fun ahead of you if you want to do it yourself. I replaced all my locks a few weeks back. The seat lock is a right pain in the ass. After removing the entire tail section apart from the sub frame I realised that you have to remove the tank from the frame to get to it. There is a thin metal clip holding the lock in place and getting that off to slide the lock out is probably the hardest thing you'll need to do. Its not as bad as it sounds It just took me about three hours to work it all out. If your not to confident doing it or lack the tools get the shop to do it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem isn't me knowing how to do it or not....but I can't take my tail cowl off...because the lock won't unlock to get the seat off....It got disconnected some how....or some ****....I might just saw through my seat...and do it that way....

Any ideas? hwo to get to it with out being able to take my seat off?

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
joky you got a delema man the tail wont come off cause under the passenger seat there is 2 bolts that hold the tail section to the subframe i am sure you are awsre of that any way i suugets take the bike to a lock smith may be they can pop the lock good luck let us know how it turns out good luck man

·
Registered
892 Posts
that locksmith idea sounds about right, OR.... take it to the hood and let them get to it, give em twenny twen to pop the lock, just take some friends whichu so they don't pop you too and take your bike. just saying...... :beer:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Well you can cut the seat in half and take it off that way. Also you will need to order a new OEM seat lock system, and rear seat (I have one for sale).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts