Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys so i was riding casually down the street when I downshifted from 5th to 4th (can't remember exactly but it was a high gear) and my lever became unattached to the rod, it seems like the threads are stripped inside the rod and when i try to change gears (with clutch in) it won't go up or down. Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Don't move the SHIFTER, move the ROD. That's what does something. Of course you're not gonna get a shift, your shifter isn't doing anything since it's not connected.

Just buy a replacement ROD, hook it up and you're set!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, as i said the threads in the rod and that bottom part are not connecting so i guess i will just have to buy new ones.
I talked to my friend who said to put some muscle into it and i finally got it into gear so the tranny is fine.whew i was paranoid because the bike has 34,xxx miles

·
Modcake with sprinkles
9,039 Posts
thanks guys, as i said the threads in the rod and that bottom part are not connecting so i guess i will just have to buy new ones.
I talked to my friend who said to put some muscle into it and i finally got it into gear so the tranny is fine.whew i was paranoid because the bike has 34,xxx miles
Yeah... I mean if you are desperate im sure you could put a little JB weld or something and then push the pieces together. I wouldnt trust this fix but may help in a pinch.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Seeing as the lock-nut is down at the bottom of the stud, vibration more than likely caused the shifter rod to spin, eventually winding all the threaded rod out of it. Pretty much adjusting itself to the extent of coming apart. It should go back together with little trouble. Remember one side is standard thread, the other side is reverse thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts