Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
If it is just the nut that they weld under the swingarm that has snapped just take it to a welder. Any good welder could put that on in five minutes and very cheaply. If they made it any stronger at the factory I would think the swingarm would get damaged in crashes.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I wouldnt trust the jb weld. dont get me wrong, I love some jb weld, but I dont know if I would trust my bike on stands to jb weld, and if you go down again, it definately wont hold up to that.

I say take it to a welder

D

·
0 Posts
Welding a new tab on is the only option for fixing it. You can buy a new swingarm too.

For protection, R&G, Motivation, and myself make sliders that fit over the rear axle that offer even more protection then spools.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just go to the hardware store and get a Big nut that holds the same size bolt. Take it home and pull out the dremel or grinder and shape it like the stock one. Then get it welded. Or you can get someone to drill and tap a chunk of metal then reshape that and weld that back on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i did the same last month when i went down. gonna have a welder fix it. the insurance is gonna cover it.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The swing arm does not have to be removed
just find a wlder shop and haul your bike to them

K

·
0 Posts
find an aluminum nut with the same threads as you had before. Weld it back in place with Aluminum rod/wire.

D

·
0 Posts
If welding, just make sure the alloys are similar. Not all aluminum is compatible with each other.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts