Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike got laid down on the right side and I have a few broken wires that are near where the right strut is closer to the clutch....sorry having a hard time describing it. I have a wiring diagram but I'm having a hard time locating it so I can figure out how to piece the wires back together and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
I am not getting any electrical power at all and the battery is fully charged. The time on the LCD display doesn't show up and nothing happens when I turn the key over. I included some pictures of what needs to be repaired, hopefully that will help!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Crappy turn signal wiring job caused a short and blew the main 30 amp fuse by the battery ie no power at all look for that fuse and i bet you it blew up you should have a spare 30amp fuse in a compartment by the battery use it and the power will come back just one suggestion before you replace such fuse to rewire the turn signal and use a soldering gun & some wire heat shrink to secure the connections

Reactions: 207skier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to include that I have checked all the fuses Including the one under the seat and none were blown.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How are you checking the fuses? The only right way is with an meter.
Then give a little tug on the wires on the connectors under the seat, make sure none of them are loose in the connector.
Get a multimeter right away! This way you can also check your 12V supply, starting from the battery, going forward.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Orange with white tracer is your left running light power to your signal. Moe is correct. Your problem is most likely somewhere else. I would suggest a volt meter or test light to get things more identifiable. I would remove the resistors/blue wires and all and put the wiring back color for color to stock. You not having a clock, your fuse is blown or you are missing the main power wire, because that is the directly off a fuse and is always on.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Sorry I forgot to include that I have checked all the fuses Including the one under the seat and none were blown.
I'm with Moe and T... and there are 2 fuses under the seat, which one did you check?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help! It was the 30A fuse, I thought there was only the 20A fuse under the seat, don't I feel like an idiot lol. It started up great all the turn signals, running light/high beam, and horn all work. So what should I do about the loose wires? Capping them and calling it good just doesn't seem right

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again to everyone that helped, went out for a little ride today and it's running just fine! Now to just get new plastics when I get back stateside!

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Thanks again to everyone that helped, went out for a little ride today and it's running just fine! Now to just get new plastics when I get back stateside!
Glad to read you got it going and its a pleasure to be of assistance :shakehand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts