Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother (17 years old) has been riding a rebel for almost a year now. He wants to purchase a 600RR. The question he has is, "should i buy a used 2005-2006? Or buy an 07 RR?". I think he would be okay with one of the previous models, right? Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Get an 06 or a barely used 05. I would NOT get the 07 in its first year run.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Going from just a Rebel, I would suggest the 05-06 if he's insisting on a bike that new.. If he dumps the 07, he's gonna have to wait forevere for the new parts to come in VIA "satan", and he'll be waiting a long time.. Kinda like I did when I dumped my 05. It took 3 months to get my bike back.

K

·
0 Posts
I agree, I'd Avoid the 03-04's and the '07 600rr. Get a 05 or 06 600rr.

·
Registered
121 Posts
17 eh? Big step from a Rebel to a 600rr...especially for someone barely out of puberty. I'd definitely get something you can get aftermarket parts for...just in case. :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I say older 600 or maybe an SV650. I think he will find the jump in power more then satisfactory.

f3 or a carbuerated f4 would be fine. PLENTY of parts to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! Now... lets see, ebay.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
shiftn3rdon1 said:
I would say get on 03-04. Parts are abundent on ebay if anything happens.
Actually, id say '05/'06 parts are easyer to find. ive been looking for a new headlight assy. for a while now and cant find an '03/'04 to save my life. BUT, i do stumble accross alot of '05/'06 parts. people buy a new bike and then mod it right away and sell thwe brand new stock parts for cheap. or buy a new bike and track it out and have all kinds of crap for sale like ive seen many a threads on here for. and the difference between an '03 and an '06 is tiny. i have riden my '03 for some time now and rode my friends '05 an noticed slight differences. he has riden my bike too and feels the same way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts