·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
you can jump it from a car make sure the car is shut off very important

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Ceph
very well said bro MR Watts ( new nick name )

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ditto on NOT starting the car. Otherwise perfectly fine

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
im jumped my quad off with the truck when i first git it (quad) and no ill effects to this day, the truck was running but i also pulled the cabels off as soon as the quad started. if youre in a pinch theres nothing wrong with it. 12 volts is 12 volts no matter how you slice it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
12V=12V

But yeah, transients from th altenator will toast your bikes electrical system $$$. Just leave the car off, jump as per normal....good to go.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
guys listen to MR WATTS he is full of charged wisdom

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
All we use in our shop is a car battery(remote location jump starter), never have the car running, and an ATV has alot less electrical componets than a modern sport bike. It could cause all kinds of ECU problems.

·
Registered
362 Posts
is there a large difference in the current in a car vs. a bike? Voltage can be the same in both obviously but the current is another story. possibly that could pose the problem.

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Opps.. i just got done jump starting my bike with my car running... i had the car on for about 45 secs before i took the cables off of the bike though, will that still create a problem? when i took the cables off the bike was still running however it sounded like it was gonna die.. how long do i have to keep the bike on until i can turn it off or how do i know that the battery is fully charged? i got the bike back from the impound where it was stored indoors. the battery just needs charging and i was wondering how to do that? thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts