Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy dropped his bike, actually more like set it down. We were on a slight incline and he tipped right and almost saved it but ended up having to lightly set it down. There is almost no damage except a few little scratches at the main frame bolt and thats it. But for some reason it won't start now. When you hit the start button nothing happens.. the starter doesn't even turn over. Anyone know what the deal is?

·
Registered
422 Posts
try turning off the ignition switch, then turning it back on and trying to start it as to reset the tilt sensor (safety feature I suppose).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that, i know it's a safety feature but this is weird. I disconnected the battery and ill try again in a few hours.

·
Registered
124 Posts
try disconnecting the battery and letting everything reset maybe?? i dunno, that just out of the blue....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found the problem, i swapped his battery with mine and it started right up. Guess it was just a weird coincidance(sp?)

·
Registered
175 Posts
huh, dunno. wierd

·
Registered
460 Posts
red rocket said:
found the problem, i swapped his battery with mine and it started right up. Guess it was just a weird coincidance(sp?)
Sounds to me like you flooded the engine, and its a mere coincidence that you swapped batteries. If you let it sit for a while without starting, it probably would've started on its own.

It happened to me in my driveway, my foot slipped and it went down, very gently, but it went down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we let it sit for 2 days and even disconnected the battery for a few hours. Nothing worked, we even tried to clear the engine flooding the way the manual states. It's an '03 so he might have a problem with the battery and charging.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i would also check the coolant bottle on the right side mid lower area of the bike and make sure that the bottle isn't cracked ANYWHERE. that may not be the resolution to your problem, but it will save you time, money, and a slick tire on the road one day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts