Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, its not a Honda sadly. The only one he wanted was an orange tribal and those still tend to hover over $5000 and his budget was $4500. I really urged him not to go over that for this first bike. We also looked at 03-05 r6's...I love those shapes too but in the end, this is what we got:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/1632653672.html

Bike was mechanically perfect. I took it for a ride, and it pulled nice and the engine was sound. Took off the fairings and did an inspection and everything was good. 2nd owner bike, hardly any miles and the hottest color combo for that year IMO. I love the 04-05 gsxr's.

I must admit, however, the bike IS on the heavy side. But the power is there and so is the handling. Overall, great bike. But I think fit and finish go to the CBR. I have nothing bad to say about the GSXR. Best part is that we got it for $4500! I think the price was a steal.

Not sure why I'm posting this, guess I'm just a little amped :drunk:

Although its his first bike, I'll be with him every step of the way as far as the learning process is concerned. He's currently taking lessons from this dude who provides a 250 ninja for learning and I urged him to take as many lessons as needed before I take him around on his own bike. I still remember the jump from a 250 to a 600...it was mind blowing. I thought my CBR was the fastest thing on the face of the earth...and then I rode a 1000 and well, you get the idea lol.

So what do you guys think about the bike?

·
Registered
191 Posts
seems like a pretty good deal, minus being a gixxer. My friend is also looking at getting his first bike too and i'm doing my best to talk him into a 250, but he weighs 250ish and thinks hes to big for one. idk maybe ill try talkin him into a sv650. But yeah, seems like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
congrats to your friend....cant go wrong with gsxr's....nice looking bike.....good to have a friend through the learning process just make sure he doesn't go WOT to soon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice bike for the price, sounds like a good deal. Personally I'm not a big fan of the way they look, I prefer the r6 or the cbr. Anyways don't worry too much about your friend starting off on a 600, its not too bad as long he knows his limit and takes his time with it. Besides you can be there and teach him along the way about the do's and dont's of riding.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
congrats to ur friend. i like that body style too for the gsxr's. i rode buddy of mine's 05 750blue/white and its pimp

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow you guys seriously think its ugly? I think the 04-05 is the best looking gixxer shape ever made. I dont get whats so ugly about it...the cyclops headlight?

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's a steal! Glad he had a friend like you to help him out with the process!! I'm in the city we should get up as I'm A new rider as well. I started riding last yr but next week I take my MSF class.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah dont listen to anyone else, if your buddy is content with his new purchase then awesome! No one else paid for it, he did. Wish him the best.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think a jiggys are the ugliest things ever made..... all my friends have them and I love riding with them because it just makes me look so much better :)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
in my opinioiun its like bulky...frontend is horrible..tail... i dont even like the paint.. but as stated above, it will make urs look better plus his own bike not ours lol

i recently helped friend buy his first bike.. was a 2008 r6 yellow.. now that was a good looking bike

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
my buddy has the same year and paint as that but a 1k personally i don't like the styling or the paint. it looks very fat,bulky,chunky what ever you want to call it. i like the streamline thin look of the RR or the R6 but if hes happy with it thats all that matters and thats not to bad of a price for the mileage

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in my opinioiun its like bulky...frontend is horrible..tail... i dont even like the paint.. but as stated above, it will make urs look better plus his own bike not ours lol

i recently helped friend buy his first bike.. was a 2008 r6 yellow.. now that was a good looking bike
now the r6 (06+) is bulky to me. The tank is friggin huge and it just feels heavy...plus, I cant stand the front. The old school r6's (03-05) I love

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ride safe and enjoy the summer boys! Congrats to ur friend!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts