Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this happened about a month ago on a group ride in NY. I know he's on a bike that many here love to hate but unlike the average Zook rider, he rides fully geared and isn't dumb. Anyways, he sustained no damage but the bike is a different story. Pretty nuts if you ask me (and lucky there was no oncoming traffic).

Slow motion replay at the end.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow, that was nuts. He's lucky he only clipped it and didn't hit it square.
Clipped? That was a dead on hit.

That was insane... in the middle of a mild turn too. Look at the handle bars shift all the way to the left. Amazed that he keep that up... and the relatively minor damage.

Good thing that was a young'in... full grown and that almost certainly would have been a different story.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Clipped? That was a dead on hit.

That was insane... in the middle of a mild turn too. Look at the handle bars shift all the way to the left. Amazed that he keep that up... and the relatively minor damage.

Good thing that was a young'in... full grown and that almost certainly would have been a different story.
Nah, he only hit its head and a tiny bit of the torso. More of a glancing blow IMO. Don't get me wrong, he hit it good, but it wasn't like he hit it in the side of the torso. Still crazy though.

I agree, if it was a bigger dear or a male with antlers then things woulda been a lot worse.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
He barely even flinched when he hit it! Mad props, that was CLOSE as it gets!
At 85mph... you don't exactly have much time to flinch. That speed is probably what kept him up.

Side note... he fit a lot oh **** in that bag... lol
LOL, I was thinking that exact same thing when I was watching it. Like no way those faring pieces are going to fit... ok... maybe they will... holy crap wtf is that a camping bag?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Daaamn, good thing we dont have to worry about that here in San Diego.
uhh, guess again buddy...ive had a couple run ins up at palomar where a deer darts straight across the road.
they are out there. even had a gawd damn wild turkey up in palomar run across me in a turn, leaned over.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
HOLY $hit!! That was clooose! glad he was able to keep it up! It looks like it bent the fork? Glad no oncoming traffic. Dont walk away from those much...let alone catch it on tape!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
gah stupid dear... should be huntin season year round... dang i cant belive he fit all that in the bag... i noticed the desmo too.. imagine if HE would have hit the deer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts