Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy and I spent yesterday going around to the various dealers... My Honda dealer was having a customer appreciation day... he's a Harley rider, big touring bike... anyway, he wants a "sportier" bike... he's been looking at the Buell's so we went to the Hog dealer too...

They had the new 1125. I REALLY don't like it... The front fairing looks like an after thought... "... oh... um... we need something up here... stick this on it..." and the rear seat cowl... The Honda one for the 07/08 looks so nice, clean straight fit, seamlines are consistant... The Buell one rubbed in the back, the tail section has a nasty mold seam... the parts scrape when you're installing it... good old American engineering there... the sales guy was bragging that the body work was made out of the same material as a milk jug... that might be true... I don't know or care, it looks like a milk jug too!

To top it all off... the bike's expensive? I didn't have ANY issue paying more for my 07 600rr when it is clear what you get... but what the hell is Buell thinking making that thing so cheesy if they're trying to compete with the other 1k's out there... The press hasn't been kind to the bike already... Rotax should demand better... waste a good power plant on a fugly attempt at a 1k beater...

Good Luck Buell...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts