Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i figured i'd start a build thread to track what i've done and answer any questions you guys may have.

so i purchased this bike in july '08 for $6,500 with 6,600 miles.

i didnt really do any mods to this bike yet 'cause i was mainly focused on gear. all that was done was the gixxer mirrors which were installed by cycle sector.

fast forward to july '09 when i returned from deployment with a sh*tload of cash.

so i purchsed a full akra, scorpio alarm i-900, and celevoke gps from sideroadslayer (where are you with your crazy GB's?!) BMC race filter, galfers front and rear steel braided hose,hot bodies flushmounts, comp werkes FE and glossy white fairings from motosfanclub and lee's cycle installed everything but the fairings. labor was around $700. wtf was i thinking?! i shoulda just installed it myself but had no fukin idea. also, i traded my OEM fairings for a set of vortex chain and sprockets 525 -1/+2.

edit: i forgot about the power commander. i was going to have lee's install it but they were going to charge like 400bucks to install,map, and remove emissions! so i said fuk that ****! and decided to install it myself. i felt accomplished.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok, so March '10, i had trackaholics removed my tires so i can get them powdercoated by electro tech. with some good prices too. trackaholics removed my rims and tires off the bike for $25 bucks per rim and electro tech PC'd them for $55 bucks a rim! after they we're PC'd i purchased a set of bridgestone bt-016s from cycle gear for $240 and trackaholics reinstalled the new rims.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i've been procrastinating on getting my swingarm and rearsets PC'd. here is the bike currently at slaps place.

and everything that is getting PC'd

god damn was this sh*t a pain in the d*ck to remove because of my full akra. basically to remove the swingarm we had to move the pipe around and to move the pipe around we had to fuk with the FE and to fuk with the FE we had to remove the seat. basically, one thing led to another. and when removing the engine cover, on the very last bolt for that magnetic thing stripped out on us. but finally everything was removed today. monday i'll take it to electro tech for the PC.

upcoming mods as soon as i get my swingarm and rearset PC'd:
-denji projectors as seen here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=158007&highlight=denji+projector+civic
-HIDs are on the way from DDMtuning.com. i ordered 6000k.
-removing the CA emissions bullsh*t. PAIR block off plate is on the way from kyleracing.
-removing the rear brake res as seen here http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=132170. you can buy these tygon tubes from kurveygirl.com quick shipping. took seriously 2 days.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
oh and btw, slaps is probably going to upload a 3mm fastner that he thinks is cute and start making fun of me. my defense is i ordered it through bikebolts.com!!!!!
bwahahahahahahahahahah, those screws are cute! lmfao:crackup::drunk:

your bks suit looks good mang!:thumbup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
nice exhaust.

your bike is gonna look dope once you get all those pieces powdercoated!!!

I'm sure with slaps' help your bike is gonna be clean and functional.... his 05 wasn't a slouch....

keep us updated... definitely post some pictures when you get all the powdercoated stuff back onto your bike!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks dude. so i decided not to get my rearsets PC'd. it was going to cost $75 bucks so i said i'll just use that money towards an aftermarket rearset, possibly GBmoto rearsets from UK. i'll be receiving these parts back friday and i'll definitely post pics after installation.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You bought aftermarket fairings even though your stock ones were mint(according to the pics) and then proceeded to trade those for a set of sprockets and a chain? All I can say is wow. Take it however you may.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yessir. i know they're worth more.

there was some rashes on the tail section. i dropped it once on one side. and while i was on leave, i left my bike at the barracks and some dumbass marine dropped my bike on the other side breaking my left gixxer mirrors. but other than that, the condition wasnt bad.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
yessir. i know they're worth more.

there was some rashes on the tail section. i dropped it once on one side. and while i was on leave, i left my bike at the barracks and some dumbass marine dropped my bike on the other side breaking my left gixxer mirrors. but other than that, the condition wasnt bad.
Damn...noice.

When will you get the parts back? I'm looking at SOW with TrackDaz on May 14. Who's in? For the most part, my site is now done (no errors) so I have to pimp the new paint at various tracks. lol

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
IMO it would look better if you have matching white rims.

everything else looks good so far tho

·
Registered
748 Posts
bike is gonna look good dude..i want to do the same thing to my 05,just havent had the extra time off of the bike to tear it all down:banghead:

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
^^friday, it'll be back. so hopefully by the end of the weekend it'll be assembled.

hmmm.... may 14th. is that new racer school for beginners or for people what are going to race like for serious?
I misread, it's actually Big Willow. The new racer school is on prep for WSMC. I'm on the fence about doing it. The other Andy said he'd like to sign up for that as well.

For me it's a free trackday so I have to take advantage of it. Trackdaz doesn't do a SOW until the end of June which is the weekend after I get out of the field.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I misread, it's actually Big Willow. The new racer school is on prep for WSMC. I'm on the fence about doing it. The other Andy said he'd like to sign up for that as well.

For me it's a free trackday so I have to take advantage of it. Trackdaz doesn't do a SOW until the end of June which is the weekend after I get out of the field.
dang dude. i have a trackday with track tactics cause they owe me one for canceling it so i'm trying to use that one for the beginner program sometime in june. and i wanna do the 24th and 25th (sat and sun/motogp weekend) for like 45 bucks/day. can you make it to streets of willow on the 24th? lots of .net dudes are gonna be there.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bike is gonna look good dude..i want to do the same thing to my 05,just havent had the extra time off of the bike to tear it all down:banghead:
yea, dude. basically i have 21 days of paid free leave. so i got all the time right now to reconstruct this bad boy.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yea, dude. basically i have 21 days of paid free leave. so i got all the time right now to reconstruct this bad boy.
hell yea man i dont blame ya and you got plenty of time to get er done haha

1 - 20 of 248 Posts