Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best/easiest way to clean the bike after a burn-out? I was looking a past threads and someone suggested wrapping the back with plastic wrap. Someone said to spray the under with WD-40. Also, does doing a long burn-out damage/melt anything under the bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Depends on what/if the rubber hits. rubbing alcohol works too. If it on your cement (rubber in driveway), you can burn that off, but it will still leave a mark.

As far as the bike goes. Clean it really good like you would normally, then gor over the metals with 40 or alcohol and clean all the grime off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,783 Posts
yup wd40 works fine. i dont think anything might get melted/damaged under the bike if u do a long burn out. but watch out for that rear huggger it might get a lil D* hehe but it didnt happend to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done them before and always get rubber all over the bottom of the bike, on the exhaust, on/under the rear tire guard and its a pain to clean. Is that normal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Really whats the point of burning out with a bike? Everytime I see someone doin a burnout on a bike my IQ drops like 20 points. For the damage you risk to your motor bouncing it off the rev limiter and the time it takes to clean up the mess it just seems so dumb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hear ya but you dont need to get the revs near the limit. U can burn out just fine while keep the rpms at a descent limit...Or switch to 2nd...am i wrong?
 

·
i love juggggggggzzz
Joined
·
7,498 Posts
Mikeyk16 said:
i hear ya but you dont need to get the revs near the limit. U can burn out just fine while keep the rpms at a descent limit...Or switch to 2nd...am i wrong?
no you arent wrong, dude its a honda dont worry about it, the only thing you are gonna ruin is youre rear tire. on this site unless you are wearing full leathers, a perfect rider, and only ride on the track you are a squid. anyways did you take a video? cause id like to see it.

ive got a bunch of videos of my buddys doing burnouts.

here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,958 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
no you arent wrong, dude its a honda dont worry about it, the only thing you are gonna ruin is youre rear tire. on this site unless you are wearing full leathers, a perfect rider, and only ride on the track you are a squid. anyways did you take a video? cause id like to see it.

ive got a bunch of videos of my buddys doing burnouts.

here
I think you are reading too much into the criticism...or maybe I am not reading enough into it. But, I have no problems with burnouts, when I have to replace my tires i roast the hell out of mine...because it is fun. But if you are doing rolling burnouts on city streets or just lighting it up at a red light you are creating an unsafe environment for yourself and those around you. Most of the criticism that I see is when people do something extremely stupid...but so many people get offended that some are safety conscious and recommend that someone wear better gear than tank top and flip flops. It goes the other way too. Of course, according to some I may be a squid.

But to answer the question: Honda Polish (or other cleaner), WD40, Goo Gone, metal polish, and elbow grease are the things that I have found work the best. Also, if you are bouncing off the limiter you are doing the burnout wrong (too much throttle) and should let off a little or shift. Now take care everybody.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
I'm not saying burnouts are for squids, they just seem so pointless to me. if you can get the tire to spin by just hittin the gas then its pretty cool, but just laying on the front brake and smoking the tire off is like jordan slam dunking a todlers basketball hoop, just takes away the thrill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
souperman said:
I'm not saying burnouts are for squids, they just seem so pointless to me. if you can get the tire to spin by just hittin the gas then its pretty cool, but just laying on the front brake and smoking the tire off is like jordan slam dunking a todlers basketball hoop, just takes away the thrill.
wait basketball was ever thrilling? hm.... interesting
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top