Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering whats the side effects of doing a burnout. i'm not talking about crashing i'm talking about the effects on the engine and parts of the bike.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Really?

Nice bald center strips on rear tire, trashed clutch if you can't figure out how to get the wheel spinning, potential overheat of your engine if you're a retard and sit there until you blow your tire because there's not enough airflow to cool the radiator, melted rubber all over the undertail and exhaust........

Not to say they're a total squid move, they are cool now and then (new tire), or if your trying to warm the rear for a legal drag race. If done right they are not going to cause excess wear and tear besides the tire.

D

·
0 Posts
Your clutch gets worn a little bit more, spark plugs get burnt up a little bit more, oil gets dirtier, cylinder walls will get fractionally out of spec, piston rings will wear slightly, etc.

You know, the normal stuff you get from a running engine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
+1 to everyone.

Done right is the only way to do it. Dont be that guy that sits at a light and ligths the tire up just to seem cool not worth it in the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts