Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow RR riders. i've been on these fourms for awhile and i didnt want my first post to be a problem question but it is and im sorry. Here the problem, i've been riding and the bike would just die, no lights (dash or headlights) and no fuel pump. Did some looking and after many hours ( 4 to be exact) i found the problem to be a burnt wire. Its in the little yellow box of green wires. Now im guessing there all grounds due to the fact there green and every ground seems to be green. Would i be able to just cut the wires and put them in a pig tail and ground it on the frame??? The bike is an 05 with HIDs and an intergrated tail.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Green = ground therefore yes you can ground it to the frame

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thats awsome how fast that was, theres a reason i love this site. Now the box was getting hot would it cause a problem grounding it on the frame??

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The green wire that is burnt for which part of the bike is it ? ie
turn signal wire , tail light wire or something else

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not 100% sure when it is wiggled loose, the dash lights, fuel pump, headlights shut off and the intergrated tail goes all yellow. So im guessing the .... im not sure

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Ok where is that wire in which bundle is it one of the bundles below the left side ram air cover

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no its a big yellow plug, on the outside of the subframe right under the seat on the left side of the bike

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
It has been a while since i sold my 03 RR and from
memory i think this wire is connected to the Rectifier/ Regulator
but to make sure if u can take a picture and post it that would
be very helpful

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Oh boy i wonder what have caused such damage ?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
This happened to another member awhile back. See if you can clean up the connections and plug it back in. If not find an insulated connector and rewire all the grounds. T

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have the same problem now.
You can see the little burnt spot on the yellow box.

What do I have to do to fix this?
Can I cut the burnt wire and ground it on the wire next to it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts