Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up my 2005 cbr 600 rr. i knew from the first time i saw the bike it needed new tires but i figured end of the year. i brought my buddy to pick the bike up and he said the tire had been used for a burn out. i didn't believe him. well today of course i go out side to admire my new bike and look at the bottom of the exhaust and there is some rubber. the tire is not that bad at all. but its got about a one inch flat spot all the way around the tire on the arch where the tire should be rounded. there is still plenty of tread on the tire and under that flat spot but when i corner will this pose a problem or can i ride the season with it?

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
nothing wrong with street riding on a burnt out tire as long as no threads are showing. the flat spot on the tire is normal after getting a few thousand miles on a tire also..

·
Banned
280 Posts
Yup.. the squaring is norm, and the burnout thing is just a opionon. I have rubber/tar on my exhaust but its from running the **** out of my bike in the canyons.. the tire just naturally does that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts