Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have recently noticed that one of the hoses that is supposed to be connected to my radiator is no longer connected. It is the one that goes from the top of the radiator on the right hand side (immediately below the cap) to the bottom of the reservoir. Someone has obviously tried to reattach it using some type of bog/putty and it is no longer attached to the radiator at the top (also, the hose has bog in it :(

My question is, what does this hose do? Is it just an overflow? Do I really need to fix it?

I've been running my bike like this for ages and it never over heats. It generally runs at 80-85 degrees (175-185 Fahrenheit) and never really gets over 112 degrees (235 Fahrenheit).

Thanks for the help guys ;)

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
That is your overflow and recovery line. You want to get that fixed cause as your bike warms up the coolant expands and pushes out once its around 18psi, when it cools down and the coolant contracts again is sucks it back in. At the moment your sucking air back in.

Replace the radiator when you have the funds available cause air is only going to make your bike run hotter and it will eventually cause the inside of the engine to corrode due to there being oxygen available along with heat and water, which is not a good mix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts